Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:18PM epilepticemu said

This looks kind of intriguing to me. I love turn & grid based RPGs. Anyone try it out?

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:46PM deluxe2000 said

@epilepticemu

The writer also fails to mention the game is in closed beta and requires a beta key. The coverage on this site is getting worse and worse.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:37PM Wensbane said

@deluxe2000

Not if you live outside of the States. The game is in open-beta almost everywhere and it's pretty awesome.

The combat is very similar to Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics, so if you like those, you'll probably like Wakfu.

But the best part about this game is its... depth.
I would say that it's one of the most engaging sandbox MMOs around, thanks to:

- A true player-driven economy (daunting for new players, but highly rewarding in the end).
- A vast number of professions.
- A brilliant ecosystem mechanic (no more mindless killing, always think before you act).
- Realm vs Realm (with actual international relations, today's enemies can be tomorrow's allies).
- Customizable companions.
- Conquerable territories.
- Political roles.

Plus a bunch of other stuff.

Easy to install, low system requirements, absolutely gorgeous... I'm telling you, this may very well be the 5-star sandbox I've been waiting for.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:59PM Wensbane said

@Wensbane

Let me just add that I can't guarantee that the US version (NDA bound) and the International version (the one I'm trying) are the same.

It's possible that they are entirely different games, with entirely different mechanics, but I really wouldn't know.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 6:14PM deluxe2000 said

@Wensbane

I'm interested trust me! Tried following the link, which gave me an 'unverified' warning, so went here instead:
Account registration seems to be borked though - clicking the link gives an endless busy loop.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:41PM deluxe2000 said

The title of this article - wtf are you trying to say?

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:23PM SocksForYou said

@deluxe2000

Wondering the same thing.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:45PM epilepticemu said

@SocksForYou We all know what he's trying to say. Cut him some slack.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 5:18PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
The game is really not ready at this point. If Square Enix/Amakna were to release it now, it would be even more damaging to the IP than keeping it behind locked doors. Right now, there isn't much to do except grind. Wakfu is like the skeleton of a potentially great MMORPG currently; it needs much TLC before coming close to a release.