Posted: Oct 21st 2011 9:46AM mikejr said

CCP is doing just about everything right since monoclegeddon. I'm back on the promise of good things to come - and confident they will deliver more so than they have in the past.

[quote]"I'm starting to get feedback from players that they worry the CSM is too pre-occupied by a certain playstyle. That might mean we may need to change the structure, but definitely the CSM has worked as a feedback tool greatly throughout the years," -- Hilmar[/quote]

About time the edge-case special interests got sidelined to the good of the whole - I fully support a fundamental shake-up of the entire CSM process, as well as anything that disrupts the current status quo existing in nullsec. That double edged sword needs to be retuned a bit.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 7:45PM Arsinek said

• 1 heart
@mikejr

Heres an idea, make it so you actually fly your spaceship instead of looking at it from the 3rd person and clicking in space to make the ship move.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 10:21AM dudes said

A PR exercise no doubt as the title of this story says to me CCP are losing their faith and nerve with DUST and they have abandoned all hope for World of Darkness. Still, keep to your strengths and back to basics for the them, I guess.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 10:27AM Azaetos said

We've seen this many times before, it's very predictable, let's wait and see what he does, rather than what he says. Stay the course!

Unfortunate that Hilmar's reality check came at the expense of 120 peoples jobs.

Interesting that it appears CCP are trying to crucify the person that leaked Hilmar's letter. Looked to me more like someone internally that could see the writing on the wall as to where CCP was headed and attempted to change their course.

Well you can say one thing about the EVE community, and that is that they aren't a bunch of sheep ready to just bend over and take it up the keester with any old bs from the developer. Hilmar dared them speak with actions rather than words and they did, in droves.

I really hope they can turn this around, it's not going to be easy winning back all those people they pissed off.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 11:01AM mikejr said

@Azaetos

Arguably those 120 jobs never should have been filled in the first place. The WoD initiative was obviously a bad business decision, this has been corrected.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 10:30AM nimzy said

Implying they ever left the spaceship business.

Oh you.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 11:01AM fallwind said

ok, it's been a while since I played EVE, so this may no longer be the state of things... but when I played a lot of things felt really half-finished, and I fear that Incara will be another.

A lot of features had the feel of being put out there with the intent of being updated later, or put out before other content and in a similar desperate need of an update. Faction warfare is a good example.

I for one wanted to get out of my pod, I was even thinking of resubbing when they got the door working... now? I question if it will ever open. There is "staying the course" and there is not finishing what you started.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:40PM tooright said

@fallwind no need to fear! It WILL be unfinished. It never should have been started in the first place and the playerbase made their dissatisfaction known that they don't want it so they aren't doing it.

Know that you're caught up on current events...Proceed.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:40PM tooright said

@tooright now * rather than know

Posted: Oct 25th 2011 2:32PM (Unverified) said

@tooright
I'm one of the ones that DID want it.
the cashshop didn't even bother me, I just wouldn't of used it.
it's not so much a matter of cseeing your pilot walking around that most people were opposed to,
the problem is that's CCP always seems to start something, get distracted working on something new, and never finish.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 11:28AM Channel84 said

If they're really sorry they would have scrap the cash shop to appease the playerbase.
If they're really sorry they would at least promise a pc version of dust. Hell it's pc user who are supporting them.
Currently i don't think they're sorry enough yet ^^

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:11PM StClair said

@Channel84
The first is just not going to happen. It's not. They want your real moneys.
They're probably contractually prohibited (console exclusive!) from doing the second.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:27PM Utakata said

@StClair

The irony here is that cash shop was inpart the reason why they lost so much money that they needed to axe 20% of it's staff. They have no reason or obligation to anyone to keep it. If they want to focus on the game that was...it's gotta to go out with the bathwater. Just saying.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 4:43PM DeadlyAccurate said

@Channel84 I can't help but wonder if their subscriber base would grow if they turned the cash shop items into player-craftables. They would need to open up the captain's quarters and make them modifiable, of course, but they might get more crafter types joining for the chance to go all Sims on the space stations and characters. Imagine if players could actually modify the look (interior and exterior) of a space station, even an NPC-owned station? Sure, it's not all pew pew, but even us low-sec guys like a change of pace every now and then. (And when I've been trapped inside a station because station-campers are waiting on me to undock, wouldn't it be nice if I could do something else while I'm waiting on them to grow bored?

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:27PM donweel said

If they tighten up the code on the Incarna client so it runs better on slightly dated computers I will play again.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 1:48PM SocksForYou said

So if they're shifting back to spaceships, what does that mean for Incarna? The whole leaving your CQ and interacting with other players, is that just something that might happen a few years from now?

I imagine the bulk of players want the priority on spaceships, and I think that's justified, but it will be sad if all of the years teasing Incarna and working on it don't yield anything but a handful of space apartments and a clothing cash shop.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:43PM EdmundDante said

@SocksForYou I think that's the plan and perhaps just in the nick of time. Incarna was killing them.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 1:23PM kgptzac said

@SocksForYou

This.

Fly in space stuff is important, and it deserves constant fixing and balancing. But put Incarna content to hold is a waste. The devs spent a lot of time on the avatar and environment creation and integration, and stop working on it now basically invalidate most of the time and effort they spent earlier. Is it really unreasonable to release a working prototype of Establishment or any communal area in stations before the fancy Carbon engine is abandoned in stale water?

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:53PM Wild Colors said

I miss that brief month between the Grand Masquerade and...well, yesterday, I guess....when I had high hopes for a serious World of Darkness MMO.

Hopefully they'll at least sell the rights off to someone else...that setting deserves to be recreated in as many mediums as possible.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 3:52PM Nenene said

""I'm starting to get feedback from players that they worry the CSM is too pre-occupied by a certain playstyle. That might mean we may need to change the structure, but definitely the CSM has worked as a feedback tool greatly throughout the years,"

Oh, -really-? Got tired of being held accountable by the CSM for your BS, eh?

Abolish them and there's no problem, right? You may think you're sneaky, but you're really not.

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM