Posted: Oct 21st 2011 11:23PM 220683 said

Actually this might get me to re-sub. They're changing WoW so much it'll feel like a new game while retains a little bit of familiarity.

Decreasing number of total talents and making them easier to switch feels more in line with the direction Diablo III is heading.

I wouldn't be surprised if few years down the road WoW combat system becomes targetless like TERA. Now that would really be interesting.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 11:36PM Utakata said

I am going to say this, and only say this once:

If you want a real martial arts MMO and if your willing to wait: Blade & Soul will likely be your best ticket....

...not some cheap knock-off with anthropomorphized panda bears (that where a one time April Fools joke) designed to get disgruntled former WoW players like me to re-sub. (No thanks, Blizz..)

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 12:50AM SKYeXile said

lol things are looking up for SWTOR.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 10:52AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@SKYeXile

Actually the "pet" system of SW TOR now looks even more stupid than before.

Have fun running along with the same companion. I bet you after 2 weeks all you'll see is the same pet everywhere.

Clone Wars was just deleted from most players minds already. And the one year subscription with a free Diablo3 play will just do the killing blow.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 2:08AM sygon said

This is fail.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 3:51AM Verus said

Perhaps this MoP expansion is not too strange when you add in the fact that more than half of the 12M players are from asia these days (majority in china) ?

Still sounds way too cutesy for my taste though.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 4:20AM Lionhearted said

Pandas that are ninjas? Since when did WoW make expansions based off of Jack Black cartoons?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 5:03AM kahnbloodbane said

ok for whoever tried to say to me that wow is NOT becoming a game for kids here's the new world of warcraft features:
KUNG FU PANDA: literally.... pandaren MONKS
POKEMON BATTLES: yeah you train with few abilities your non combat pets and pit them against each other in fun fun battles! Murky I choose you! *throws pokeball*
and last but not least! let's make easyer the talent trees giving 1 talent point every 15 levels!!
such depth and complexity compels me to stay in rift for the next 15 years.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 5:14AM Graill440 said

Aww, cmon, dont blame blizzard for trying to retain subs in its fully automated macrofantastic game. I am quite sure folks will still be able to use between 1 and 3 buttons, maybe less to operate their panda just like the rest of the game.

blizzard has created a new class, added even more macro options, and streamlined the the phrase "we are really simple stupid" even more. Good for the wow folks...good for for you. (Laugh)

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 5:38AM (Unverified) said

Considering I said during WotLK that WoW should either becoming more of a MMORPG or aim for camp, I am glad in a way they've chosen the later.

Also, as others have pointed out, it seems they've pretty much given up on focussing on the Western market, and aim for more Asian sensibilities.

I like the fact that Pandaren can choose which Faction to be - but if they'd included this option way earlier, and most notably with Goblins (the archetype 'Fringe' race), I might just have kept my WoW sub.

It does seem they'll be completely obliterating the levelling experience however, I can't see the (yet again! AARGH!) Talent changes make for interesting levelling. Also, it will just lead to getting yelled on for not having the right 'spec' each encounter.

Pokemon in WoW...m'kay.

Tell me again why Cookie's Tenderizer Heroic had to be re-modelled, and Rockscales etc. no option for 'mogging?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 6:20AM (Unverified) said

Wow. I thought this would be enough to tempt me back to WoW. Is it heck. TOR will be my new home until GW2.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 8:05AM Kark said

• 1 heart
HAHAHA how patetic that vidoe was :))) They know their western market is dying bigtime so they cater to the 7 m players they have in china :) video made me laugh so hard. Looked like some bad F2P game made by the chinese oh wait.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 8:20AM Audacious said

I actually like the Pandaren design wise, and I like the monk class's concept....

At least until I saw the Street Fighter's Ryu's Tatsumaki Senkuu Kyaku as one of their moves, and the promise that a dragon punch will be in game, too.

What's more, they went on about how all the previous expansions were were really dark, and they wanted to lighten things up with this. Lighten things up, in comparison to an expansion flooded with a sea of internet memes-driven quests, bosses, and an entire zone dedicated to parodying India Jones. How do you get any more lighthearted than that?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 9:58AM Laren said

I really really really like that they didn't introduce yet another stupid big bad villain that is going to yet again destroy azeroth. This alone has really rekindled some excitement for me.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 10:28AM rotcafnogaw said

looks pretty awesome imo but i also havent played wow since wotlk

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 10:56AM (Unverified) said

The pet system in WOW will take game to new heights.

WIN WIN

Also: it is so ridiculous that WOW makers can make MORE gameplay options then the boring lifeless WOW copycats themselves.

Having a bad taste is one thing, but defending theft is a crime.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 8:31PM Armaros said

@(Unverified)

WoW copycats??

*Looks at the new pet "Pokemon" system"

Hypocrite much?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 12:54PM alimantando said

Now, to find a TCG loot pet with a unique skin that I can convert to ingame gold. The cheapest I can find is USD3, wonder how much that would sell on the AH?

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 1:23PM TheElvenAssassin said

WoW is now LoL. This game has turned into a joke.

Posted: Oct 22nd 2011 2:19PM (Unverified) said

WoW is officialy for 12 years old kids.... and lower.... i did say goodbye a year ago and happy to play EVE which is better for my age 30's.