Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:33PM xenothaulus said

• Half a heart
Misleading headline. I thought it meant a reward for bothering with pvp, rather than another epeen-metric.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:45PM Azev said

@xenothaulus

You obviously hate pvp or do not play eve. This is a huge addition that has been requested since as far back as I can remember.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:55PM Khai mann said

I think this is yet another great addition to EVE.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 5:40PM Protheus said

Have to say - they are getting better and better with the updates on Eve... same they fired 20% of the people - lets see if they can keep it up with less people

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 5:49PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
This will be neat until they go out of business next year.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:03PM LeBouc said

@(Unverified)

Your bitter tears are great for polishing my ships.... so shiny :P

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:03PM ZeroGee said

Having laughed like a loon at only losing a 25k ship to a gank, only to cry like a drunk at losing 45m moments later as my pod went poof, I think this will be a great feature. Vengeance will taste so much better now.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:20PM h4ngedm4n said

Definitely a nice addition to see if that difficult kill had all sorts of expensive implants.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:58PM Resurge said

@(Unverified) gotta admit, my reaction was sorta like yours ..without the witty fail comments(those are very current and totally original btw) ..this seems like a way to make podding people more viable and desirable ..i can't imagine this will have good consequences for the game. Possing is probably the most frustrating thing that can happen to you in EVE on an individual basis, and this promotes it even further. Requested or not, i don't know what they are thinking ..this will please hardcore fans, and drive newbies and potential new customers away in droves.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 8:33PM Yukon Sam said

Gotta say, whatever drawbacks EVE possesses, they utterly pwn the bitter tears niche. It's like a dagger that automatically twists itself, opening small compartments that release salt into the wound.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 11:02PM Phantom Slave said

@Resurge I can almost see where you're coming from, but at the same time for some people (like myself) it doesn't matter. I've podded 93 people (or at least, have 93 pod kills on the BC killboard). I do it because it's fun, and in 0.0 I never hesitate. Now I get to see how much damage I *really* do to the people I pod.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 11:20PM Brendan Drain said

@(Unverified) In nullsec, area-effect warp disruption fields make it almost guaranteed that if you lose your ship you will lose your pod. In highsec and lowsec, any player can avoid losing his pod with 99.9% accuracy by hammering the warp button when his ship is about to explode. So this is mostly a buff for nullsec corps who want to know how much damage they're really doing.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:55PM Calfis said

@crazyb0b

But black ops ships aren't useless:

Just because you don't know how to use them doesn't make them useless.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories