Posted: Oct 20th 2011 12:40PM Chiren said

I'm going to grab me a Patamon!!! :D :D :D

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 3:24PM ShivanSwordsman said

@Chiren

I was under the assumption everyone would be staring out with a Viximon, seeing as it digivolves into Renamon...

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 3:46PM NeoWolfen said

@Chiren

I wouldn't count on it :) beyond the starting three the only Digimon you get are from quests and the occasional drop and even then there are requirements to hatching the digi eggs that require a massive amount of grind.

then you have limited space to store digimon and can only have a limited number with you that arent in storage at any time...

Frankly playing digimon dawn dusk or dwan on the Ds years ago was more fun and less hassle :)

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:32PM Chiren said

@NeoWolfen

wah, you guys are crushing my dreams T____T

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:39PM Space Cobra said

You know, I will try this out one day, but this particular MMO is doing something a few posters would find either weird, distasteful, or both.

They've been in Beta, Closed and open, but I could by points cards for this game at my Gamestop like 3 months ago; I am estimating the time the cards been out, but it's close to that.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:40PM (Unverified) said

Why do they make a mmo of a show like this and they havent even made a transformers mmo that was a way better cartoon and has lot more potensiel for a mmo

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 3:25PM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

They're working on a Transformers MMO, and really, Transformers is better as a Shooter/Action game, not a point and click affair.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 3:50PM Braiks said

@(Unverified) Aren't they making like 2 of them? One by a western company and one by an asian.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:06PM WyattEarp89 said

You know, at first I did not even pay attention to this game. But after I finished reading this part: "DMO will purportedly satisfy fans of the original Digimon television series too, as it features more than 1000 characters who appeared on the show during the first five seasons. Joymax says that Digimon Masters is faithful to both the original art design and the series' storyline," , it changed my mind.

I loved the first and second seasons of Digimon, 1-3 and maybe 4 for Pokemon, and after seeing that Joymax will be staying true I will be trying this out. I hope this game does well and not fall flat on its face and die out.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 8:09PM Resurge said

really? is it 1989? who the hell is into digimon in 2011? this game is 15 years too late.

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:53AM Rhodanum said

@Resurge

Not quite. For one, there are still fans of the older series and people who are just now getting into Digimon. Then there's the news series that was recently broadcast in Japan and simulcasted around the world. I would say that the franchise is still going strong as far as a dedicated community goes, even if it hasn't reached the absurd level of popularity of the Pokemon games.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014