Posted: Oct 20th 2011 6:53PM Poohbum said

Nice image, where is it from?

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:08PM Utakata said

2 potential odd geek questions for Rubi Bayer...regarding GW2 ofcoarse:

1) When rolling an Elementalist, can you spec it or build it currently to only cast fire and frost spells?

2) Can you roll an Asura with pink pigtails in the character creator?

...sorry, this is purely for *personal reasons why I am inquiring. But none of the less, it's something I've being dying to ask for a very long time. And if you can't answer this directly...can you ask one of the ArenaNet devs discreetly? Pretty please.

*Note: Yes, my Gnome is looking for an eventual new home incase anyone's guessing. And please, no one laugh. :(

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 8:01PM Graill440 said

"'Dada is like your hopes: nothing
like your paradise: nothing
like your idols: nothing
like your heroes: nothing
like your artists: nothing
like your religions: nothing'

--Francis Picabia"

What do sarcastic hipsters have to do with your topic again? Did you just like the way the word looked when typed on a white background?

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 9:02PM myr said

Gorgonzola!

Only reason I knew to say that is because my bandwidth is being throttled right now, methinks. Probably has something to do with redownloading 30gb worth of data for a certain beta test several times this month.

Completely unrelated but why is player/ground walking so horrible in scifi games with ships in them? I mean, although I haven't played, I've only heard bad things about EVE's implementation. And STO had horrible ground combat from my personal experience.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 9:23PM Borick said

@myr I think that an immersive MMO with ultra-modern weapons and tactics would probably be paced more like an action-shooter title than what we're used to. While I have no problem with that, I can see why it hasn't taken hold.

If I were coach for a development team I'd love to sit them down and force them to play oldschool Tribes. Start from there, and add a working world and economy around it.

I'd probably go broke.