Posted: Oct 19th 2011 1:15PM Acidbaron said

If they can keep up the mission story quality as described in there it will be a nice change from the "fedex" and "kill 10 rats" missions/quests we are used to.

This update actually has some substance and is more then pictures and artwork, as it's also written by a guest writer and not someone of mmorpg.com it is worth the read.

The description of the dragon and lack of progress and clear cut goals has already some people doubting their choice, but this was something Ragnar said early on that it is a faction some people will simply dislike.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 1:55PM Valdur said

@Acidbaron

"The description of the dragon and lack of progress and clear cut goals has already some people doubting their choice, but this was something Ragnar said early on that it is a faction some people will simply dislike".

You know that what's made me interested in the Dragon in the first place.

I'm sure that we will have lots of great story/back story in TSW because Ragnar is a great story teller.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 4:23PM Acidbaron said

@Valdur

True, what is the attraction point for one won't be for another and that's why i like that each faction is so different in both approach, structure and ideology.

I have no fear Ragnar will give a nice twist to things, experienced that in Anarchy Online where at first the Clans came across as rebel fighters and thus the "good guys" while months later they simply "cleaned" out an entire town of anyone not Clan, neutrals included.

The more we learn about them the beter we'll be to make our choice, cause as it currently stands we are going to be limited to 1 character per server.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 8:57PM mysecretid said

Ragnar /is/ a great storyteller, but I can already tell that this new one is one of those rare games where I won't have any real idea of whether I like it or not until I actually /play/ it.

Its storytelling and unique game mechanics appear to be the things which make Secret World unique -- and neither screenshots nor video reveals can give me a true sense of those things.

For me, it's going to be one of those "play to know" games.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:24AM Dirame said

The one thing that would make this game worth playing for me is the skill system. Making builds is always fun.