Posted: Oct 19th 2011 10:06AM ScottishViking said

I know they're trying to show as much as they can in as short amount of time as possible, but that sped-up video was just a flurry of explosions and numbers and terrible, terrible hair metal. Slow it down and s how us what's really going on! It's an impressive project, and deserves better treatment than this...

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 10:56AM (Unverified) said

@ScottishViking the music was cool :P but yea fast paced to get some hyped but its probably, not the actual gameplay

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:13AM urgan said

@ScottishViking The fighting isn't the only thing going on. I got plenty of information from that video. There are plenty of powers to choose from, the UI is polished and flushed out, you can equip items, there are chat windows and grouping UI. Granted I got little to no information about the battles due to the speedy video, but there was lots to see.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 10:59AM mattwo said

This was made in SC2's map maker...right? .-.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:00AM wilus84 said

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....whoa this isn't my batman cup. Just kidding so anywho wow this is suppose to be a starcraft MMO Mod cause that would be sick!!! I would love to play a starcraft MMO I am looking forward to this not stoked about the pvp thought. Also is it move with WASD or right click to move??

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:00AM Azev said

This is one of the reason's I love PC gaming. The Mod community never ceases to amaze me.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:07AM nimzy said

Basically... every single one of those Warcraft III RPG maps rolled into one. Got it.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:19AM (Unverified) said

Keep trying to get on it, but every time I launch the PTR it says the PTR isn't available. Is it actually up now? Did they mention when it would be going up?

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 1:02PM SaintV said

I admire the passion players have for SC2. It truely is a great franchise.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 1:03PM kgptzac said

Things like this should be a constant motivation of empowering SC2's map editor ability even more.

Good work.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 1:31PM (Unverified) said

So exactly which part of it is MMO? Starcraft 2 is an RTS, as an RTS it doesn't support hot-joining a game (google lock-step simulation if you're interested). This isn't any different from thousands of Warcraft 3 maps, the best they can do is add save codes for characters, but it will turn out to be a very poor man's Guild Wars anyway (as in lobbies for 4 players max).

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 2:20PM SeawolfX13 said

I'm interested in trying this... Anyone know how to get in the open play?

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 7:02PM Threecubed said

@SeawolfX13

For all those who want to try it out:

Start up StarCraft 2 (yes, you need SC2)
Join a custom multiplayere game
Search for "sc universe pvp"
There should be only one option, by RyanWin

The controls are mostly like an average MMO, WSAD, number keys, but holding shift is a guard ability and middle mouse pans the camera around.

It's shaky in parts, but I think it holds some promise.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 9:05PM mysecretid said

I kinda wish that Jef had been able to put the developer's warning that it's just a beta-treat and "technically not even ready for open beta yet" in red letters.

Why? Because maybe it will cut down on the number of boneheads pissing and moaning afterward on the internet about "how much it sucks" because they couldn't be arsed to notice that it's basically an alpha-build provided for fun, and not a finished commercial product.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 11:49AM Vandal said

Pretty neat! Nice of ActiBlizz to allow continued development of this but they probably recognize the $$ potential. Looks like an interesting design, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Was I mistaken or were there no zerg choices available yet? Rats, I wanted to play a hydralisk.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM