Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:03PM (Unverified) said

Does this surprise anyone? I always thought of Gameloft as kind of the Dollar General Store of the mobile market. I wouldn't expect these guys to have the kind of security to prevent intrusion, much less protect sensitive customer data.

Hopefully everyone chose passwords that weren't their regular ones.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:07PM dudes said

Every game is going to need an Authenticator soon to log in, And encrypted would help too.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:17PM tavtav said

I'm glad I'm hearing about this from massively and not gameloft. Way to be on the ball, O&C...

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:24PM real65rcncom said

lets see.. they hacked their look, feel and entire game theme and design from WoW, and then someone hacked them.

Kinda ironic and funny at the same time

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:41PM Aganazer said

I hope they get it worked out.

Its a great game. I mean its seriously the best game on mobile phones period. Head and shoulders above the *.Legends games. All the other smartphone games are casual garbage or yet another tower defense yawn-fest.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:48PM yeppers said

Browser = Check
Facebook = Check

Security..... (crickets)

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 4:07PM edgecrusherO0 said

Large companies are still cutting corners wherever possible and are more interested in profits than consumer security. Nothing new to see here.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 4:25PM Resurge said

• 1 heart

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 6:32PM Lenn said

@Resurge If WoW's security is so good, then how does it get hacked?

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 7:27PM Resurge said

• 1 heart
@Lenn look genius, you can try to hack anything, but the difference is ..no one actually GETS anything of value trying to hack blizz. ..notice the lack of articles about Blizzard's newest hack scandal? That's right there aren't any ..figure it out.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 12:09AM iowahawkeyedave said

@Resurge Wow someone seems to be acting a little defensive towards anyone saying anything about Blizzard.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:13AM Lenn said

@Resurge Defensive much? Look, genius, I am still trying to figure out your words: "you get hacked like warcraft.. ....too bad they didn't secure their site/game like warcraft.... "

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:43AM Resurge said

@Lenn not defensive, just tired of listening to people bash wow for the sake of bashing wow and probably a bit testy this evening. What can I say? It was ..a...joke...a play on words, if you will - and really not that hard to understand. Maybe not the best joke ever ..but not bad if i do say so myself ..on the spur of the moment and all that. ...now run along with you...

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 3:29AM Lenn said

@Resurge Until your last line it almost sounded like an apology.

Anyway, I clearly wasn't bashing WoW. I was merely calling you out on your inconsistency.

But as long as we're on the subject of security: I really don't think Blizzard's is anything to write home about either. It all went downhill when they changed log-in names to e-mail addresses.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 9:02PM jakofascalon said

@Resurge LOL, that's because the nubs that are hacking other various gaming networks are also playing WoW or playing on Blizz's network. I could almost guarantee it.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 10:30PM Resurge said

@jakofascalon um ok ..lets go with your completely made up theory of zero actual substance if i makes you feel good ..i really dont give a damn.

For the record i don't play WoW, and am not really a WoW fan ..but i can at least look at something with an objective eye rather than transfer my own feelings onto an article i know nothing about. You should try it sometime.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 12:16AM iowahawkeyedave said

@Resurge Speaking of your objective eye. Your words "you wanna look like warcraft, sound like warcraft, feel like warcraft, play like warcraft ..well, you get hacked like warcraft.. ....too bad they didn't secure their site/game like warcraft...."

Subjective : opinions, interpretations, and any type of marketing presentation are all subjective.

Therefore, it seems like your statement is subjective since your words are merely your opinion and interpretation. In order for your statement ot be objective, it would have to be fact not opinion what you said in your statement. That is not the case, your statement contradicts your objective eye.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:51AM Resurge said

@iowahawkeyedave noted ..i am not as objective as I could be. I will work on that. Altho not sure where ...the game DOES look, feel, and play like WoW. ..the rest was a joke ...sooooooooo....?

This however was earlier in the thread, please respond there if you do not mind. THIS part of the thread is discussing whether or not: as stated by our friend "jakofascalon" up there. After all, it was his statement i accused of lacking objectiveness, not whatever it is you were talking about..

I will assume you agree with his statement, and will note: 2 "for" and 1 "against" - thinking that the hackers of various websites work for blizzard or whatever it was jak there was trying to get across.

Now that i have been thoroughly put into my place, i must go to bed. Goodnight to you all.

Posted: Oct 23rd 2011 12:20AM jakofascalon said

LOLWUT?!?!?! First off, it was my opinion and we are most certainly all entitled to have one. Secondly, no need to flame or be hateful because I most certainly wasn't towards you. I made a simple statement. I wasn't attacking you or saying that I was right and you were wrong and giving you a "Here's why!" speech. Calm that stuff down a little bit there champ!

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:55AM Resurge said

(correction) 2nd paragraph ...whether or not : "that's because the nubs that are hacking other various gaming networks are also playing WoW or playing on Blizz's network" as stated ... and so on and so forth

guess i used the wrong kinda brackets and it clipped that part out ..
| 1 | 2 |