Posted: Oct 20th 2011 1:49AM Niieh said

This should be interesting! I played in the beta but gave up when it launched, I'd love to see how the game has evolved since then.

Have fun in Eorzea!

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:46AM DerpMchurson said

Consider yourself trolled if you start in Gridania. Just sayin'

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:03AM irontroll said

i must admit the game has improved greatly. It is now actually playable.

I was a beta tester and then as the game got "released" realized that the bugs were never getting fixed. So i moved on and started other games.

A couple weeks ago I decided to test it out again, and i must say, i am really enjoying the game now. While it still has a few issues, it is definitely back to the fun playable style of FF games that I expect.

Altho i will admit I broke with tradition and went elvaan/hyur instead of tarutaru/lalafell for the first time ever in my "reboot".

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 7:42AM mattwo said

Can't I pick crafter/harvester? Q.Q

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 11:37AM Vandal said

Why does this feel like one of those WWII movies where the commander is ordering a solider on a mission that he knows is a suicidal meat-grinder?

For those who are about to play, we salute you. May God have mercy, you poor, brave soul.

/plays taps

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:03PM shojikareza said

would either choose Marauder or Lancer, both are good starters, just a reminder, be a dedicated Disciple of the Land (Miner or Botany mostly) they can get you rich pretty fast if you learn the market price ;)

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 4:36PM shojikareza said

lol i thought of wanting him to be a lalafel, but ppl are cruel enough to make him stick with being a Miqo'te, and looks like a Lancer and to be starting in Ul'Dah. that good :)

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 2:55AM SquallRinoa89 said

FFXIV is a good game with lots of content. Can't say that XIV "Sucks" Sense 1.19a. SE has done ALOT with this game sense it's start.

Some people think the changes changed "Nothing" but I got 2 Lv.50 classes and another at Lv.44 and I'm having as much fun with this game as I have had sense i played the Alpha beta. Yea the game is gonna change in v2.0 but you know what it's for the best.

Posted: Oct 30th 2011 10:09AM shanatc said

Yes! I'm glad FFXIV won. I preordered the CE, played in open beta, and went hard for 5 months before I couldn't take it anymore. It was my first MMO so I really didn't know any better. I started playing WoW, figured I'd try it and see what I was missing. Completely quit FF, played WoW for 6 months, got bored and now I'm back with FF. Now that I've played another MMO though, my only complaint is with the UI and yes combat. Buffs don't go up as quick, debuffs DoT spells are pretty much pointless to cast unless you're going to be in a long battle and even then the effect is pretty minimal. I love the offensive spell system though, I love being a conjurer way more than I did being a priest. Also much can be said about the social aspect in FF as opposed to WoW. In 5 months of playing FF I made so many friends that are still friends now. A few of those friends and I went to WoW, and left 6 months later with those same friends, no new ones. I had close to no social interaction with anyone else in WoW. Granted I was playing on a US server in an EU timezone, but even on weekends, no one would talk. In FF people tend to party up randomly or interact randomly, even with Japanese players or other non-English speaking players. In the month or two since I've been back in FF, I've already met new people and talk with them on a regular basis. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what, but yeah, it's a huge difference.