Posted: Oct 19th 2011 9:42AM (Unverified) said

I have a love/hate relationship with the Circle. They look amazing but can be tough and that one labyrinthine map with all the portals is a b*tch.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 10:13AM Bolongo said

@(Unverified)

Oh god, yes, I really hated Oranbega when it was first introduced...

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:18AM lmollea said

"I hate CoT". That's the most frequent meme I heard when teaming in COH. Their maps are the most painful to navigate (caves and worse the oranbegan labirinths with the portals that teleport and split groups) and the -acc debuff they place on you are a pain to fight against...

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:30AM urgan said

@lmollea While I agree about the maps, if you have the right power choices the Circle can be the easiest group in the game to beat. Every mob type has its Achilles Heel, and the circle is no different.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 2:22PM Faith said

I always loved the Circle of Thorns as a villain group, but those new WoW inspired 'robes' with giant shoulder pads are terrible looking.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 2:35PM Daemodand said

I love the look of the new CoT (the original CoT look was designed TEN YEARS ago!) but I still hate fighting them in the 20-30 range where they become extremely tough. Fortunately, their god gets its butt kicked in the story line, so they get much weaker in the 40-50 game.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 3:45PM Snorii said

Put me on the side of people that love the Circle. Sure, I've been frustrated a time or two in Orenbega, but I really like the enemy group overall.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 4:40PM JuliusSeizure said

'unless some other big chunk of news blindsides me.'

How about the Halloween costume pack? There can't be enough talk about how awesome the Think Tank is!

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 6:13PM Sente said

The Oranbegan maps can be a bit painful to navigate at times, but the group is pretty neat I think. They can be tough with some archetypes and level ranges to fight, but does not make them a bad group.

Overall I like the costume update also and it is better than the version they had in beta.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 5:01AM Grinstone said

Ah, yes. I remember well my reaction to the new Circle of Thorns.

"CoT with boobs? What madness is this?!"

I do like the new look. It makes them more fun and vibrant. For some reason those old robes always had a creepy vibe for me.

Posted: Oct 20th 2011 2:11PM Space Cobra said

I really do not like the new look for the Circle of Thorns...

...they look lke a buncha rejects from WoW nowadays! :P

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM