Posted: Oct 18th 2011 11:16PM Xii said

$90 for a digital-only copy of the 18th EverQuest expansion sounds perfectly reasonable, right guys?

Seriously though, I doubt they expect to sell any copies at that price. The price increase is just to pressure current players to pre-order. They did the same thing with the last EQ2 expansions. They may as well price it at $8900.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 8:28AM Lucidus said

@Xii Like paying $120 for the Ultimate Collector's Limited Edition of Q-Bert for my Atari.

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 11:49PM chuckasucka said

$40 for an EQ expansion?!

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 11:57PM Yellowdancer said

• 1 heart
Funny thing is...SOE tends to just give everyone the expansion after a couple years. I have like 5 expansion I never purchased.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 4:04AM Viiral said

expansion comes with all the other expansions and core like Eq2.. pretty sure.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 6:43AM Vorender said

Don't get me wrong, I loved me some EQ1 from 1998-2001, but people that can afford to spend $40 on an xpac for a 13 year old game could better use that money to buy a more powerful computer and play a game that came out this century. :)

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 7:23AM sortius said

@Vorender Pretty much it. Respect to EQ, but seriously, $40 for an expansion to such an archaic game. No thanks.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 8:35AM Alarie said

@Vorender Not a matter of upgrading your computer. They game is still fun and offers something different than today's MMOs. I play AoC as well and both offer me a different gaming experience I both enjoy.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 9:53AM Leandra said

Not only am I surprised that they're still making expansions for EverQuest, but... charging $40 for it??

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 11:49AM Celestian said

It's 89 bucks for the collectors if you do not pre-order, otherwise it's 59.

For those of you that don't actually play EQ and moan about 39 bucks for an expansion...you need to play the game to have a clue about the value. For those that still play the game (myself among the casuals) the content added and value of new features is well worth the price.

The price includes all previous expansions as well, unlike say WoW that charges 50 bucks for an expansion that takes 2 years and has less content.