Posted: Oct 17th 2011 4:58PM (Unverified) said

Making money off a fail system.... some developers need to be beaten with a hose. This is why Aion never became a success, this stupid lets make a buck type of thinking....

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:55PM paterah said

@(Unverified) Did you finally gave up on FFXIV?

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 2:15AM (Unverified) said

@paterah

FFXIV
That horse can never be shot enough.

Keep this in mind before judging me as a all negative troll, I wanted to love Aion so much, it's not a bad game, but the draw backs kept it from being a success. Korean games are hand me down games for the states, upgrades are slower, and not what US players would want. Aion is a PVP game in long run, for a PVE players it's a let down after you fall in love with Aion. An Aion does have some amazing factors, I think it could be said the best graphics still in any MMO, character customization, and interface that could rival it's competitors. This nonsense about sockets is a insult though, a greedy low blow to players. Bad decisions by developers should be pointed out, if you let it go, things will get worse, and they'll kill the games you love.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:07PM arodriguezc said

How is this game doing? I have been meaning to sub to this game and check it out... I was initially a member back when it first released but then cancelled my account.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:22PM Boardwalker said

@arodriguezc

It's doing very well, at least on the couple servers where I play. I came back recently and have been impressed with the amount of people playing and the changes that have been made. It's been a lot of fun.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 8:05PM J45neoboy said

@arodriguezc

Doing very well actually. The servers are always filled with activity even at the latest of night, there's no grind anymore and tons of new content.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:25PM (Unverified) said

"Seriously, who kicked the dev's dog to make him retaliate with a thing like manastone socketing?"
Pay per hour subscription method. WHICH WE DON'T HAVE IN THE FRICKING WEST!

NCSOFT failed us BIG time.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:31PM BigAndShiny said

Aion is one of the few games I think can survive TOR's release (long term who knows) for a number of reasons.

1) It has 12 (I think) well populated 'Western servers'
2) It's community is very dedicated to Aion and doesn't seem to 'game-hop' like those of AoC or Rift do. (AoC servers die for a month when new games come out.)
3)Nothing really offers the same PVP experience
4)It's a beautiful and fun game that continues to get updates and is relatively bug free.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 5:34PM BigAndShiny said

@BigAndShiny
To add to point 1, Aion had 12 EU launch servers. Its only 4 down, which means that it has had much less mergers than other MMOs.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 6:10PM shodannet said

I think providing a way to socket a manastone without fail is nice, but disagree with the RMT, as it just promotes financial supremacy (or pay2win).
But then Ive been told that if I dont like it, then dont play the game (gave up after the incredible exp grind)

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 7:49PM Boardwalker said

@shodannet

Thankfully the XP grind is gone. In fact, I'm trying hard to slow down the leveling, haha.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 8:06PM J45neoboy said

@Boardwalker

Haha same

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 8:29PM smartstep said

Sad reality.

Here developers put cash shop items to earn on bad mechanic.

In other games mechanics are designed so grindy and unpleasant so people pay for cash shop things to lessen it.

Really cash shops are worst thing that ever happened to game industry :/

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 12:58PM fallwind said

@smartstep

would you rather $40-50 monthly subs?

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 10:29AM Lorell said

I agree, I too think manastones if broke while socketing should only burn actual one manastone, not all!!!!! >.>

Damn it, tomorrow then I will upgrade my EC eternals to new EC eternals I will need to start playing with RNG again. Nyerk you manastone!!!

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 9:25AM (Unverified) said

No words can really describe what a stupid fucking idea it is to even have a system where it fails. It's so astronomically pointless. When I played the game at release, and I was bitching in chat, everyone thought the same thing as me. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THIS? There is zero point. Economy? No. Shut the fuck up. You can balance an economy is several other ways that don't suck ass. Eastern games are so fucking dumb like this. Grind, grind grind, and more grind. No one likes this. Bring on the Guild Wars 2 please.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM