Posted: Oct 16th 2011 2:28PM (Unverified) said

This actually sounds pretty cool and could be a nice addition to make the world seem more alive. Been tempted to try STO again, been wanting to hold off till the Romulan's become available (so want to fly a Warbird...), but I may give it a try after the FTP release.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 10:21AM DairamX2 said

@(Unverified) I've also have wanted to give a go @ STO, but I dont understand how the factions work. I kinda wish they would allow the major Alpha\Beta Quadrant players be avail vice the system they have now :-(

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 11:37AM dudemanjac said

@DairamX2

There are two faction Klingons have Orion, Gorn and a few others with them as well as whatever you make up. And the federation has everyone else as well as whatever you make up. You can make a Romulan character if you want, but you won't be flying one of their ships.

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 2:57PM (Unverified) said

I think this all depends on if they can keep these events new and fresh. An escort mission that is the same one that was 48 hours ago is just a timed instance, not really a dynamic event. They will have to have a team on hand to crank out this content, otherwise it turns into something that is far to repetitive.

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 8:26PM psycros said

How is PLEX making money for CCP? If I can use in-game money to buy a *different* in-game currency which I THEN use to pay for my subscription, then the company is essentially letting me play for free.

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 9:07PM (Unverified) said

@psycros

Huh???

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 10:21AM DairamX2 said

@(Unverified) Too many tabs open

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 11:16PM Stormwaltz said

I was excited about events until I read what they were doing with them.

I'm biased by my first MMG being Asheron's Call 1. In that game, an event was almost always something like the opening of a new story dungeon; a local invasion or the next phase of a global invasion; or a GM logging in as a plot character to attack a town or bestow rare quests.

Stock instances that just aren't available all the time? Scanning anomalies earns bonus data samples? "Help cadets at Starfleet Academy and earn Dilithium?"

The majority of these events are... lame. I hope they can do something more impressive with the system in the future. What I see here shows a disappointing lack of vision.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 1:01AM h4ngedm4n said

Its off-topic, but I mentally added "Can't" to the screenshot's "Stop the Signal". At any rate good on them for trying to integrate regular ingame events to facilitate a more dynamic world.

Posted: Oct 17th 2011 11:34AM dudemanjac said

@h4ngedm4n It really is just meant to be a team mission. Maybe the biggest offense is that they don't tell ppl that there is no way they will complete it alone.