Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:08AM (Unverified) said

It's fate that I bought the game this week when it's still dirt cheap!
I like a good comeback story. I hope they realize all they have planned as next year's shaping up to be a verrry interesting year!

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:11AM Knoxrun said

I would imagine it best to start charging a monthly subscription once they hit 2.0, not before.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:50AM real65rcncom said

@Knoxrun
they are trying to do what every other company is doing now; get their products/pricing deals/content out before Dec. 22, 2012.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 10:04AM real65rcncom said

@(Unverified)

I don't think you are. Plenty said they aren't but they are still projected to hit 2-3million in sales so.. plenty still are.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 11:08AM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)
Protip: Most gamers want a theme park.

Its cool that you dont, and your not wrong for your opinion, but dont expect a giant company to produce a game that doesn't appeal to the masses.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 11:26AM real65rcncom said

@(Unverified) "I want some innovation. I want a AAA company to pump out a spectacular sandbox (holding my breathe for ArcheAge)."
================================
Well I know what youre' saying and I agree to an extent because I USED to think that way. After FFXI and having so much fun, I ran around for years afterwards screaming "innovation! moar please!"

It was only up until recently after six months of Rift (3 actually; got bored before that) that I realized it wasn't "innovation" I was wanting after all.

It was "immersion". Rift's rifts were fun and innovative as were their invasions. It was truly a unique time that most other mmos didnt have. But the problem was they didn't stay innovative and after one month, the innovation of them is gone and you're left repeating and rehashing the same old stuff.

This is what I had hoped for XIV but realized they were failing on both fronts. Nowadays, I'd take an mmo with average gameplay, average graphics and average programmers if they could deliver a game with ABOVE average immersion; something that makes me actually want to log in and play their game.. not just chase loot from raids.

so to me: immersion>innovation

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 1:34PM Utakata said

Why the hell are we talking about SWTOR in this article?

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 2:30PM JanChel said

@real65rcncom

What happens on Dec. 22, 2012?

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 5:23PM Cendres said

@real65rcncom Lovely post that's exactly how I feel. Immersion has always trumped eveything else for me. I'd even out up with some PvP if the game has lots of immersion though I don't like it. You've also just expressed on why I couldn't bring myself to play Rift, it was nifty, it was pretty, but it lacked serious immersion.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 5:27PM ngSliver said

@JanChel

I think he is referring to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Posted: Oct 18th 2011 1:26PM Mystal said

@real65rcncom Rift, as a an entire game, was basically WoW, ie, not innovative at all. They changed up the class system a bit and added Rifts, but that's not full blown innovation, it's just like adding a new room to the same house.

Posted: Oct 19th 2011 7:25PM Fabius Bile said

@real65rcncom
why? GW2 doesnt release at that date

ZING!

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:12AM SuperflyForever said

Totally forgot the game was still un-billed. Let's hope when it goes sub that the quality is good enough.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:26AM JohnFordColey said

I've just went through the proposed changes, and it seems like they're building an entirely new game rather than just sprucing up what they have. The team seems to have a real grasp of the fundamental flaws in FFXIV, and want the game to succeed by actually fixing them, rather than just develop around them. I wish them the very best of luck.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:30AM (Unverified) said

I'm still in awestruck mode from this announcement. If what they're planning really goes through I'm sure to be amazed. While it'll be a shame that the world won't be as seamless, I look forward to more interesting landscape designs. And please let the graphics, server and UI revamps make the game experience much more bearable and smooth.

And one sidenote, I like the UI mock-up with the Final Fantasy references, particularly Delita's chocobo, Boco. :)

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:36AM heerobya said

I've always wanted a Final Fantasy MMO I could love but I just couldn't get into FFXI and (thankfully) took a "wait and see" approach to FFXIV.

FFXIV 2.0 will hopefully be that game.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:43AM (Unverified) said

Better to fix the UI before charging to give people a chance to experience the improvements.

The FFXIV UI has to be the most atrocious UI ever designed.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 9:46AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Want to start taking bets when FFXIV reverts to a F2P option (albeit with micro-transactions)?

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 11:38AM relgoth said

@(Unverified)
If you arnt familiar with how SE supports their products im pretty sure they would let the game die and shut the servers down before they are go free to play.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 1:36PM Utakata said

@relgoth

They may want to look at a freemium option for both their FF MMO's. And I do believe SE has F2P titles under their roster.

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014