Posted: Oct 14th 2011 6:38PM (Unverified) said

Remember Massively, unless a player is currently subscribed, there is no going into the game and seeing it for ourselves. People who have subbed before, people that want to try it, etc... are LOCKED OUT unless they were subbed in early september i believe.

So why have a column for .01% of the readers?

Posted: Oct 15th 2011 11:41AM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

MJ explained this in the article's first paragraph (and I explained it a few weeks ago when I wrote about the Storyteller system).

"Hopefully, by doing so, not only will players be able to take some time to enjoy them while they can, but other developers will get the hint and start incorporating more into their titles."

It's for posterity as much as it is for current players.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 6:43PM (Unverified) said

/insert knife

/twist

RIP SWG

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 7:04PM stealthrider said

CoH may have pioneered the system with Mission Architect, but SWG not only improved on that system, they blew it out of the water in terms of customization, features and most importantly balancing incentives (as opposed to CoH's horrific experience gain/item reward issues with MA).

Hopefully SoE will use this system (among others) in their upcoming titles, if patching to their past titles is impossible.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 7:42PM BasmatiJoh said

I never had a chance to take advantage of this system myself, but I love how SWG has pioneered such a vast system of customization for events to run yourself. It really lends more variety in how a massively multiplayer game can be utilized. Unfortunately, sharing and telling stories seems to have gone on the way-side as far as game-makers are concerned.

I hope future games will follow in SWG's footsteps and value the role of the storyteller just as much as any tank or healer class.

Great read! :)

Posted: Oct 15th 2011 9:26AM DarthDan said

Thanks for the thorough guide. I wish I had known about this a year and a half ago. That's probably the most impressive MMO feature I've ever read about, and the ventriloquism ability seems to be what will really make this work as an immersive roleplay experience. Reading this, it's really difficult not to be incredibly resentful towards TOR, considering it's the only reason the doors are being closed here... What a shame, and how completely unnecessary.

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 11:38AM Ref Minor said

Star Wars Galaxies was great
Which is why the end is sad
Games like this deserve better
Everyone weeps
Must we play WoW like TOR
Unless there is another option

Posted: Oct 24th 2011 3:48AM tryubest said

I love space-strategy games such as star supremacy .