Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:47PM HiroProtagonist7 said

"DUST 514, currently in development, is an MMOFPS that will be in direct competition with EVE"
Eve isn't on consoles, nor is Dust on the PC. One is a vast space simulation the other is a FPS - I don't see how this is true.

"Some players poured thousands of dollars into it but were still defeated by more-skilled players" who had put years into the game to get where they were at. The other 75% of the "some players" paid to win, simple as that and if the Eve community were able to tell which players worked to get there vs who paid to accelerate there probably would have been an uproar much sooner.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:59PM smartstep said

Makes sense from CCP viewpoint, but all those future cash shop items announcement and dividing players into categories ARE exactly what I hate about current mmorpg approach :(

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 5:24PM ndessell said

@smartstep
?.? what are demographics, Alex?

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 6:34PM (Unverified) said

I due to owning only a laptop was forced out from Eve due to Incarna's requiement of shader modeling 3... another thing I noticed as of late the HD requirements more then tripled from Incursions to Incarna ( 6 GB to 20 GB ) and I've noticed alot of heating problems reported in the forems in additions to lag... Makes one wonder how many more will be forced out in the future releases when avatars intermingle & the GPU's go nuclear. I doubt $300 computers of today will be able to run the Incarna of next summer TBH

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 6:34PM (Unverified) said

Yeah when I saw that the only items they were selling were for your Avatar I knew that the update was nothing more than a alpha test for Dust. If they were serious about setting up a store in Eve they would have sold cosmetic items for SHIPS. Seriously how hard would it have been for them to sell paint so your ship isn't the standard metal gray color or allow you to put Corp. symbols on your ships hull. Doesn't matter know anyways I left, there was no compelling reason for me to stay.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 8:33PM Karth said

"CCP put items in the store that focused on the avatar-based gameplay of Incarna, but that wasn't the current player type in EVE."

INCARNA GOT GAMEPLAY?!?!?!

Posted: Oct 12th 2011 5:11AM Rodj Blake said

@Karth

It's got walking around a coffee table - what more do you want?

Posted: Oct 12th 2011 3:44PM WolvenSpectre said

@Karth

ooo...ooo... and it also has a video screen to sit and watch... Wold of EVE Online, watching a player character on a monitor watching a monitor.

And don't forget ash trays too...

Posted: Oct 12th 2011 7:57PM Royalkin said

"Overall, CCP wasn't looking to sell a lot of items[...]"

Then what is the point of virtual items? In my opinion, this seems to just defy all reasonable logic.

Posted: Oct 13th 2011 9:26AM (Unverified) said

Oh look. it's all the people who know how to run a business better than those actually running a multimillion dollar business all here again. Hi there, knowitalls!