Posted: Oct 11th 2011 3:14PM drunkingamebar said

That art work reminded me of UO box -

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 3:34PM SaintV said

Stop this nonsense and just make DAOC 2 !

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 3:35PM dunadhaigh said

The best way for DAoC to celebrate its decennial would be to go free-to-play.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:06PM Ehra said

@dunadhaigh

Why? It's clear from all of these "just make the game free!" comments that no one actually wants to spend money on the game, so what incentive is there for them to dump resources into a conversion? Especially since I can guarantee the first time they tried to actually make any money off the cash shop people would endlessly complain about how unfair it is to do so in such a PvP heavy game.

If people are so hopeful for EA to start throwing more money at DAoC then maybe they should start doing so themselves....

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:26PM deluxe2000 said

@Ehra
FTP no...but lower the sub price to 9.99 and I'd be back.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:16PM VikingGamer said

Naw, the game doesn't suck enough to go F2P.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 4:27PM jakofascalon said

LOL i tried to go back.. reactivated after an account fiasco.. played all of ten minutes, logged and unsubbed to make sure I wouldn't get billed. That place is BARREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 5:16PM jaggard said

Unless those new quest hubs are coming with a graphical update and people to play with... eh.

I say get on with DAoC 2 already.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 7:12PM Morreion said

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. I spent the best 3 years of my gaming career there- the community was awesome, and that's what really matters in a game, long after the game itself has become familiar.

Three-way realm wars in open RvR zones and Darkness Falls- a huge dungeon where you could find great rewards but risked death at the hands of enemy realms- were superb game mechanics.

Put my vote in for DAoC 2 as well.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:27PM Poordevil said

I would be interested in DAoC 2. I actually DL the trial but it is just too dated looking for me to spend time with. I can handle less that cutting edge graphics, but looking ten years old was outside of my tolerance range. It's a great IP, bring out a modern rendition. Imagine the game in DX11 with physics, beautiful textures, detail out the wazoo, jaw dropping draw distance... I'd be there!

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014