Posted: Oct 11th 2011 2:50PM JuliusSeizure said

@Unshra

Doesn't surprise me either. Technically there's been an even broader loophole for over a year now since they made much of the loot card rewards tradeable (including sale over the auction house). Only difference is few people bothered to go that route rather than sell them for real money if they weren't interested in personal use.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:20AM Wispur said

Finally!
A way for me to get enough gold to buy my epic flying and super epic flying without having to waste weeks of my life running dailies.
I am very excited that Blizzard is FINALLY building in a way to get around the ridiculous grind they've put in their game. :)

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:21AM Grumms said

@Wispur You're kidding me, right? Please tell me you're trolling.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:31AM Wispur said

@Grumms Why would happiness be trolling? This is one of the best things they've done in a long time.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:34AM Tizmah said

@Wispur Wouldn't the real solution be to take out the grind...

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:35AM Wispur said

@Tizmah Yep, that would be, but that'd also require them to rebuild much of the game. This is an easy workaround.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:50AM Tinkus said

@Wispur Yes, gods forbid you have to actually WORK to get something in a game.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 10:05AM Wispur said

@Tinkus If I'm going to WORK in a game, they darn well better be paying me! I play games to PLAY, not WORK. I hope you can understand the difference.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 10:11AM Sephirah said

@Tinkus

He probably WORKS to gain money and he PLAYS in his leisure time.
You instead (probably) WORK to gain money and WORK in your leisure time.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 11:27AM fallwind said

@Wispur Please hun, lvl any crafting proff and you can practically fall over gold when you log in. I was running 1-2k every day with my scribe before I stopped bothering anymore, I wasn't at max gold but there wasn't anything left for me to buy.

Gold is so stupidly easy to get in that game....

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 11:37AM Utakata said

@Wispur

They don't fly much faster than the normal epic ones. 320 compaired with 280 I think. I have one on this character...and trust me, I really could of done without. Save your gold for gear and gems, it's much more worth it. Just saying.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 1:57PM gamegamerson said

@Tinkus

err...that there is a problem already...Game and Work in the same sentence. Unless you are a developer, Gaming should not be WORK...it should be fun. And obviously, with the release of Cataclysm, many people agreed... and showed so by canceling their subs.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 5:44PM Nenene said

• 1 heart
@Wispur
If you can't figure out how to make money in WoW, arguably one of the EASIEST MMOs to make money in, then you really just need to uninstall the game, unplug your rig, and throw the whole thing into the ocean.

Monsters LITERALLY drop cash. I've known 7 year olds in my time that farmed thousands in gold for their parents for fun. Unless you've had a partial lobotomy and had both your hands removed and you're typing with a hook or something you have no excuse.

Jesus.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 6:38PM Wispur said

@Nenene
Kids are easily entertained. If you find killing mobs over and over and over and over and over, collecting your 1 or 2 gold each time to be a valid use of your time, you sir (or mam) are the crazy one who should uninstall your computer and toss it in the ocean for your own safety.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:21AM Grumms said

Diggin' their own grave.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:34AM Baby Choo Choo said

@Grumms

That's right. Arguably the most profitable video game company (if you count them as Activision-Blizzard) with the most popular MMO of all time is digging their own grave with yet move only a very vocal percentage will care about.

This is the same as every other questionable move they've made. People will rage today and forget about it tomorrow. As crazy as it sounds, a lot of gamers are extremely fickle beings.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 12:08PM Utakata said

@Baby Choo Choo

One of the most disturbing things, if this move being a sign of what I predicted when this subject came over *WoW Insider...then Blizz could stand to make a lot of money ouf this despiste decreasing subscription numbers. That is, this likely a move to introduce RMT's in their AH down the road, similar to Diablo III.

Note when this was announced for D3, many suggested they won't play it. But I gotta a feeling Blizz doesn't care...because they'll make enough money off of this feature, it could only boost their bottom line immensely despite the reluctant interest in that game. Thus they're hell bent on doing anyway. So likely it will be the same for WoW. In that repsects, they'll unlikey be digging their own grave financially wise unfortunately.

And ss I say now, as I said about that article: So it begins...

*Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/blizzard-introduces-tradable-guardian-cub-companion-pet-purch/

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 12:11PM Utakata said

@Utakata

Oh snap! The source was already link in this article. My apologis for the dupes. :(

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:23AM real65rcncom said

Yawn... not a big deal. It's ten bucks. It's a fluffy pet. It's 10 bucks.

People raging over things like this really need to stop gaming for a bit. They are taking gaming WAY too seriously if they are disturbed by this.

Life must be good when all people have to cry about is a 10 fluffy pet, lol.

Posted: Oct 11th 2011 9:32AM Grumms said

@real65rcncom Ten bucks for ONE virtual pet in a subscription based game. It's an obvious milk for money.

Your argument about it being only $10 is pretty ridiculous.