Posted: Oct 9th 2011 6:51PM Saker said

Magic Duel certainly seems interesting! Am giving it a try now. Beau does manage to find these strange and unique games for us to try out!

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 7:42AM Niieh said

Glitch looks cute, but it doesn't really appeal to me. Really looking forward to your review of MagicDuel though!

Just read your comment on twitter, Beau (“Magic Duel is....interesting. It seems to be a very RP-heavy semi-graphical MUD!”) and I was thinking it would be great if you’d choose a MUD for one of your next Rise & Shiny columns!

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 10:51AM Beau Hindman said

@Saker It's a very....unique game so far. Roleplay intense, really unusual lore. I'm barely figuring it out, but the community has been very helpful.

Luckily I have some extra time with this one.

Beau

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 8:23PM Carolina said

Been enjoying Glitch. It is relaxing, it is crafting without the killing, with exploring and chatting.

There are some repetitive actions on it, but that is present on all MMOs. You either craft over and over again, or you kill orcs over and over again, or use the same button combination in combat over and over again. I suppose we just pick what we like to repeat the most, and that makes the choice of which MMO we play.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 4:09AM corpusc said

@Carolina

you could also choose from all the games out there that are non-repetitive. that does mean mostly non-MMO games unfortunately, but thats better than doing dull busywork with thousands of other players.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 1:08PM Raikulxox said

@corpusc Says the person that's going against the millions of people who play MMO's. Though it's repetitive, people play them for a reason.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 5:38PM corpusc said

@Raikulxox

very astute observations. that missed my point.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 8:24PM (Unverified) said

I can't wait to try this game! By any chances is there anybody who could send me an invite? I signed up but it says I'll have to wait another two days to get invited :-/ It sucks... Thanks a lot!

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 3:32PM Faction 3 said

@(Unverified)

You get a invite yet? Post up your Email and I'll send you one of mine, I still have 1 left.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 8:30PM deejrandom said

I would have to argue with the idea that this game will have the impact Minecraft is having. I feel like this game is Farmville crated by hippies.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 9:06PM shipwreck said

Glitch is stealing me away from all my other games.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 9:17PM Raikulxox said

@shipwreck ^ This. :(

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 9:30PM ogamer1210 said

I also have been waiting to p[lay the game for quite a while, 2 days ago i finally got in only to find out that i cant log in to the game server, I have been trying for the last 2 days but every time i get the "Sorry but we are unable to reach the game server". Shame

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 9:36PM ogamer1210 said

Just to update on my problem above, I switched from Chrome to Firefox and somehow it worked!

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 4:11AM corpusc said

if you don't love crafting, don't bother with this game.

lotta cool little touches to the way its executed, but what its executing is NOT gameplay (for the %99 part).

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 4:53AM burnleyjohn said

Glitch is Kingdom of Loathing with graphics. Nuff said.
Doubt it will hold my attention for long or drag me in enough to make me want to spend any money on it...

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 7:38AM Bhagpuss said

I found a significant disconnect between the twee, naive look (which I liked) and the uncomfortably knowing text. Really quite creepy.

Probably the only MMO I've ever played where I actually felt unwelcome all the time I was logged in.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 1:55PM BobbiLovesGaming said

I don't use the term "facebook type game" to describe how to log into a game. I use it to describe a game that forces you to stop playing for a certain amount of time. Like the energy bar in many games that are on facebook. Glitch sounds like it may have enough things to do though that I may be able to wait for a while on something to finish, like gardening, while I do something else in the game. I'll be sure to give it a try soon. Thank you for the review and getting me interested in it.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 5:36PM Raikulxox said

@BobbiLovesGaming Your energy restores every 4 hours, and if keep food to restore your energy (it can be made so that you never run out of energy) then you can play as long as you want with no issues.

Posted: Oct 10th 2011 5:39PM Beau Hindman said

@Raikulxox Forget that! I just learned Meditation and keep a meat collector in my house and I have never once ran out of energy. Well, when I streamed the game I did intentionally so people could see what Hell looked like! :)

Beau

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM