Posted: Oct 8th 2011 2:36PM (Unverified) said

I came back about a month ago after taking 14 months off, and the first thing I did was my arasai flight quest. Not really a true mount, but I love it!

A true mount which I love is the Saryrn Deathcharger. It looks so cool and my alts love riding it :)

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 4:28PM pcgneurotic said

Heh, I remember the first time I made a Shadow Knight, after years and years of playing the same few classes over and over. When I got that Smelly Demon Donkey thing at some stupidly low level, I was shocked and delighted, it was such a revelation. :D

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 4:47PM Spacegrass said

I think a lot of people who watch Top Gear aren't that into cars; they watch it because it's hilarious. The car reviews make me kind of angry because I can't afford any of them, but I watch it for the challenges, and it's one of my favorite shows.

Anyway, I haven't played EQII, but my favorite mount in an MMO is the Eldritch Steed from Rift. A robot horse is pretty much the most awesome thing...in the world.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 7:01PM Bottleskup said

I quit EQ2 just as SF was released, so I've not experienced these flyers/gliders, or the more recent incarnations of the 'fire horse' thing they seem to enjoy, but I have always thought the cloud mount from KoS was one of the better looking mounts, and certainly drew attention, as it seemed to be quite rare.

Good list though, and that giant squirrel looks ridiculously fun.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 8:31PM Deadalon said

hmmm where are the crap mounts in LOTRO?

I tell you. Bottom of the list. More ugly mounts can not be found in any MMO game ever. And Turbine doesn't give a dam.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 1:42AM Space Cobra said

"But I was watching a recent episode, the one in which Jeremy was driving an Aston Martin across country, and I thought about how far EQII's mount selection has grown."

We need more Aston-Martin mounts in our games, preferably the 60's versions.

And no, it doesn't have to be EQ2 or any fantasy MMO. ;P

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 9:43AM Rheem said

For anyone who has not heard of top gear, head over to BBC America, new episodes are on monday nights, reruns are on pretty much afternoon on weekdays. And like probably 90% of the people who watch it over here, I'm not a car person either.

I've also become a bit of a whovian lately.

And on that bombshell, its time to go.