Posted: Oct 8th 2011 5:00PM MMOaddict said

I'm level 72 on my Hunter and I'm feeling how slow the leveling is. mainly because the formulae they have in this glorified quest pack is way over used. Grab 3 quests from NPC, run out to spot, complete, come back, he has 3 more or he sends me to another npc with 3 quests. Ok...I did this over and over from 65-72 and logged off this morning when I picked up another 3 quests for the area I was just in or next to.

I don't mind quests, I mind being sent back and forth to the same areas. In some ways they did things right with item drops giving quests and some quests being turned in on the spot once you complete them...but to me, this should apply to ALL quests anymore, unless you need to go back to enter an instance from an NPC.

I've already finished the book quest, so now I'm just questing to get...gear that isnt really that good and levels. It's starting to get boring. Lack of a new game system is SO apparent here it's scary.

The only positive I had with this expansion, was the epic book quest when you are made a prisoner of Isengard. THAT was fun and immersive and just a blast. We need more of those types of quest lines.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 5:14PM Lenn said

@MMOaddict How about a "this post may contain spoilers" next time?

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 5:07PM hack said

I've had no trouble getting from 65 to 75. I had plenty of rested xp and plenty of quests to complete even after I hit 75. That being said, the expansion has been mediocre at best, and while the new raid is fun, everything else is just more of the same. I hope things get better sooner than later.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 9:00PM Pojoh said

The world is engrossing, loving the quests/storyline, and the scenery is awesome. At lvl 70 and having a good time.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 9:40PM Lethality said

Levels are an outdated concept and need to be done away with, or drastically changed in their connotation.

A level should continue to be a measurement of progress, but it shouldn't be used in the gameplay mechanics algorithms. And levels, in this case, should never stop. There should be an alogrithm to combine experience, exploration, crafting, and other elements that decides when you "level" and it then simply denotes your level of experience in the world... nothing more, nothing less.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 10:48PM Celtar said

On the leveling thing, I've outgrown the need to push to level at the fastest speed possible. We had a few hit 75th on our server by the start of the third day of the release. If that makes them happy, cool. For me, I just don't care.

I took my 65th and finished up some Mirkwood stuff before starting to head into those areas and he's now 68th and I'll get to the cap when I get there.

I would have liked to have seen 1 new class trait slot at 74/75th and some other items that Justin covered. But over all I'm happy with the expansion.

Posted: Oct 14th 2011 8:14PM jastani said

Regarding the leveling and not having enough quests: It did seem like a tactic to me to get players to engage other forms of leveling, like how the reputation leveling works with most of the zones.

I find it interesting that there seems to be a bigger focus in this expansion with assembling skirmish raids, perhaps to encourage more people to experience being in large groups, whereas the questing seems to be steering towards more solo play.