Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:04PM Syesta said

Subtitles are available using the Youtube Closed-Caption option.
Click [CC] to win.

Anyways, anyone even remotely interested in FFXIV's progression and plans for the immediate future should watch.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:12PM Jef Reahard said

@Syesta

Huh, learn something new every day. Thanks for that.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:12PM Baby Choo Choo said

starts @ 5:00

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:18PM Audacious said

"Among the interesting tidbits are potential new races (to include demi-humans and dragons)

Potential new races

demi-humans

dragons

dragons

dragons.

All. Is. Forgiven.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:26PM Syesta said

@Audacious
I wouldn't be surprised.
What story-based hints we've gotten about what's going down between Ishgard, the Dragons, and the Empire is some serious, serious stuff.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:51PM Audacious said

@Syesta

Is there a kind of dragon in game that one could use as a reference as to what this potential race would look like?

And are they humanoid, or four legged like most dragons?

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 1:03PM Syesta said

@Audacious
The only ones we've 'seen' so far are from the intro cinematic.
That is to say, wyvern-like dragons, and the big-guy (presumably a draconic diety aka Shinryu/Ouryu/Bahamut/etc).
Not many practical points of reference as of yet.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 1:48PM Naru now in 3D said

@Audacious Dragon race?? I guess that could be cool, but it seems really out of place in a Final Fantasy MMO... Maybe if they looked like Freya's people from FF9 it would make more sense, but I dunno.

I know Black Mage is a class, but I want a Vivi-esque Black Mage race!!!

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 2:39PM Audacious said

@Naru now in 3D

It's no so much the dragons in and of themselves, but the promise of something truly different.

In game we've got humans, shorter humans, pointy eared humans, muscular humans, and catgirl humans. With an art team as talented and creative as theirs, to me it seems a waste to have such vanilla PC choices. Hopefully this will open the doors to even more creative races down the road.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:27PM Tyrang said

FF classes are back!!!!! So excited!!

Good job Yoshi :D

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:30PM Audacious said

Here's a drinking game for the iron livered out there.

Take a sip every tenth time they say "hai".

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:38PM fatedruby said

@Audacious
Hai hai hai hai hai ...h....h....hiccup

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:40PM SaintV said

Thye should of graphically redesigned FFXI instead of making FFXIV.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:52PM Pingles said

Gonna start looking for good deals on this. Been intrigued by it since launch but was scared away by the critical reactions.

Now that they seem to be fixing it up I think I'll give this a shot.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 6:34AM Azules said

@Pingles £5 pounds. Amazon.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 12:54PM JohnFordColey said

I watched the live presentation, even though I don't speak Japanese. He showed off the new map to Ul'dah, and some concept art of the Warrior class. It looks like they're putting in a lot of hard work to make this game as good as it can be.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 2:11PM Woozer said

@JohnFordColey He showed off some neat stuff. The new concept for the Gridania and Uldahn areas along with art for Bard(?) and the harpbow. They really have put a lot of effort into the game, but I would really reccommend everyone to hold off until 1.20 or 1.21, by Jan. the game should be where it really needs to. As of right now it's only about halfway. As for the race issue, Lalafells in full BLM AF look remarkably Vivi-esque. And I would imagine the dragons to resemble the Bangaa from FFXII.

Posted: Oct 7th 2011 2:08PM kgptzac said

As much as I hate the idea of developing the game after it's being on shelves, the dev team seem to be saying what players want to hear so far. Hopefully this game will redeem itself in future and become something more playable.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 12:58AM Poordevil said

I don't think there has ever been a group of devs that worked so hard thoroughly remaking a game that has already launched! This has got to be a first, and if they pull it off, quite an accomplishment. They do seem determined, so I think the odds are looking good that FFXIV will be transformed into a worthy game in the FF franchise and a top tier MMO.

Posted: Oct 8th 2011 3:37AM Nhoj1983 said

I have to say that I'm excited for the future of ffxiv. I'm REALLY curious about the combat updates they plan(combos and such). Right now it's boring.. painfully so. I'm happy they pretty much decided to take the game back into development and are remaking the game in big ways. The launch of the game was simply.. the worst I've ever seen. Right now we're playing Alpha but thank God for that. The game was worthless at launch. Go wild Yoshi. Make this game worth my time and money. Almost makes me not regret the CE edition I bought for this.
| 1 | 2 |