Posted: Oct 5th 2011 10:16PM Skyydragonn said

• 1 heart
yep thats right, test this out for us guys so we can roll it out as part of our cash shop on day one. thanks a lot...suckers!

Posted: Oct 5th 2011 11:18PM Firix said

@Skyydragonn You should see how much of the community is behind this and testing away. The Test server currently has more users than on live. It feels like a rebirth of STO, and I am loving it.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 5:56AM Renko said

@Firix I actually think that says more about the current live version then anything else, nevertheless I'm looking forward to playing STO again when it re-launches, especially as they avoided copying the appalling Champions Online F2P model.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 1:15AM Skyydragonn said

• 1 heart
I would put money on klingon content being cash shop purchase only once testing is done. frankly i will eat my words if it isn't.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 4:41AM Space Cobra said

@Skyydragonn

In this regard, I don't think that'd be the case. I feel the Devs realize they need more players to play Klingons, not less. They need them to prop up the PvP battles with Feds (because, while Fed vs. Fed is a solution, it still feels "wrong").

At worse, I expect to see the same amount of cash shop purchase for Klingon Players equal to Fed Ones. Add more ship skins. More race-specific ship's skins. Perhaps a TOS Cruiser and Bridge interior. Much more money to be milked that way.

And heck, I approve.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 12:31PM Liltawen said

@Space Cobra
I play a KDF almost exclusively ( The Fed is so-o-o boring!). Raising the level that one can play in the KDF is the only thing I don't like about the relaunch-it was hard enough getting people to do it even before. And having a Fed version of a Klingon ( as with Worf) made it even harder.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 4:34AM Verus said

I think in another year this game might be ok but then people will be busy playing Guild Wars 2 and the Old Republic.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 8:31AM Yellowdancer said

@Verus

Not everyone is going to like those games. Not even all star wars fans like TOR. And no one knows what GW2 will be in the end.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 5:32AM SwissKat said

I agree Eliot Lefebvre, gingers have no souls, especially the Klingon gingers.

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 10:05AM Equillian said

ya, I'll give STO a little more money once it's F2P.

I never felt it was subscription worthy. But F2P, it could be great.

(and yes, I dont think F2P are on the same par as a sub game that deserves its sub. I'm entitled to my own opinion and not looking for yours.)

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 1:21PM (Unverified) said

Well i can see by the comments that the haters are still here. lurking as usual.

And cash shops are not for suckers, Only subs are for suckers, since you never get what you pay for in subs and they continue to take your money month in and month out for the same repetative crap. :)

Posted: Oct 6th 2011 11:59PM Graill440 said

@(Unverified)

"As a player i can say they are making big strides towards having a better game then the original launch. It's going to be fun to see where it heads as it all comes together. "

...Wow, thats....deep.