Posted: Oct 5th 2011 2:59AM Lafajet said

@eyeball2452

I'll give you that given the fact that the game is slated to release in less then three months that it holds less weight then it does in the early stages of a project, but I still think that it is on the developers minds. I know that I personally don't want more people then necessary see what I've developed until it is atleast reasonably final. Even if some people like you enjoy seeing the content take shape others (especially these days given that most people view betas as "hey, come play early!") will not understand that some things aren't final and hype up/spread disinformation about features that may not be there when the game launches.

Then again, I'm sure that there are many considerations that go into deciding when to drop a NDA, ranging from those we've mentioned to marketing and financial considerations.If it's one thing I know about the game industry it is that things rarely are as straight forward as it seems.

Posted: Oct 5th 2011 6:05AM (Unverified) said

I got an invite because I was in last event. However, I am giving this weekend to an online friend who is a huge SW fan and dying to test the game. It's win/win for me really because he will test the crap out of it. He wants a solid release. I hate beta folks that are only there to find fastest route to level cap for launch, who couldn't be arsed with bugs and other issues.

~DamnLag

Posted: Oct 5th 2011 6:17PM bizze66 said

@(Unverified)

The force is strong in this young Padawan master Yoda!

Posted: Oct 5th 2011 8:21AM RogueSprat said

Got my invite yesterday. Started downloading last night....40GB? Holy crap!

A friend of mine is in the closed beta, lucky bugger. He's been true to the NDA though, all he says is that it's good.

I'm hoping I can really do some testing and not get all overwhelmed with the newness that I don't.

So Joystiq, do you think this game will actually compete enough with WoW to give award it own separate blog? If so, give it a better comment system please?

Thanks
RS

Posted: Oct 5th 2011 8:22PM Wurm said

The screenshot looks like something from a fantasy mmo

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge