Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 10:17PM TortoiseCan said

The economy in this game is a disaster because it's basically run like a dim-lit underground casino.

My suggestion: Shut down the servers. Get rid of the ridiculous "pay to win" systems. Stop offering "gambling" aspects with real world money. Essentially stop exploiting people's weaknesses for profit.

Re-itemize the game so that it's difficulty is based around loot drops/crafting items. Remodel your store around concepts Turbine uses. (They actually have a non-exploitative working economy and I imagine they rake in a lot more cash than Frogster)

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 1:17AM NeverDeath said

@TortoiseCan

And lastly, add V-Sync support. Lololol. At least bring the graphics technology into this side of 2000, srsly.

You are correct, though. I especially like the comparison to dimly lit casinos, and concur.

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 11:23AM TortoiseCan said

@NeverDeath

Yeah, they could definitely use some graphics revamping too. The game doesn't look half-bad but it's definitely starting to show it's age.

For the record, I have been playing this game off and on since beta and even in it's broken beta state, I was in love with it. I enjoy the music/sound effects and overall atmosphere of the game world. It's just a shame that it will never become what it could have been and at this point in it's life, I have given up any hope.

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 3:12PM jeremys said

@TortoiseCan I'm a big fan of the music. I did an interview with the music company that made the music that goes into Runes of Magic http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/21/lost-pages-of-taborea-an-interview-with-dynamedion/

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 7:53PM NeverDeath said

@jeremys

I still listen to some of the tracks from RoM, I have a playlist which is comprised solely of tracks from video games, and some of the RoM tracks are among my favorites. One of the strong points of the game besides its dual-class system. The rest however, especially the economy and the graphics being so dated however, I do not enjoy.