Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 3:11PM ChaosInc said

• Half a heart
Too bad this game fails in so many more essential aspects, like hit boxes and edge detection. Tried this about a month ago. I'm highly impressed with the lack of progression towards being able to step up a 2" ledge and having to aim for the tail of a weasel in order to hit it.

The only thing this game needs wiped is the game itself.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 3:26PM Coolit said

@chaosInc
So what game to you play and enjoy? I'm always curious what game people play who puts down other mmo's. I've found that most don't play any just troll forums. It's easy to put down DF but the truth is no other game has the physics or combat that DF pulls off. Ive never had the issue you mention and wonder if you are a troll or just have a bad connection.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:16PM ChaosInc said

@Coolit

Actually come to think of it I'm thinking of the wrong game. I'm thinking Mortal Online. Disregard my previous comment. My bad.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:36PM Coolit said

@ChaosInc
Yeah Mortal Online needs a lot of love in the combat area.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:14PM Azev said

I played for over a year and had multiple accounts. One of the main reasons I quit was because of the development team. They always fail to deliver on what was promised. Read the Broken Promises thread on the Darkfall forums for a good laugh. The relaunch is no where near done. They are still showing us concept art for a crafting overhaul that was promised over a year ago.

The Darkfall Relaunch is the Duke Nukem Forever of MMO's. It will take 14 times longer than what is promised and when it finally gets here it won't be even be a tenth of what it was claimed. One thing it will be for sure though, Is a complete letdown.

Posted: Oct 9th 2011 4:58AM Vandal said

@Azev I've never cared for the way Aventurine acted all the way back to the development of Darkfall.

When you play an MMO, it's not just about the game. It's about the company providing ongoing service. Aventurine has a less than stellar record when it comes to that and the attitude they present to their community.

The only thing surprising is that it's taken that community this long to start getting fed up with the company.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:39PM Rhazes said

Three seconds after that picture was taken he was ganked by an army of naked characters and all his gear was taken and stored so he couldn't get them back.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:56PM Tyrang said

@Rhazes LOL!

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 4:52PM pcgneurotic said

Well I for one really enjoyed my first free 30 days of DF, but just can't justify the sub. If 2.0 were to be more DF2P, then wow, I'd be on that game big-time.

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 12:24AM xBludx said

@pcgneurotic

I hope DF never goes f2p. If AV can do what they said they can do with this game in terms of features, it would be awesome and I would gladly continue paying a sub for it. I have bought 3 copies of this game including for friends but we are all unsubbed now because all I want to know is what they so far won't say:

"Unfortunately there's still no word on either character wipes or a timeline for Darkfall 2.0's release..."

And I won't sub again till I get those answers.

Posted: Oct 4th 2011 10:07AM DeadlyAccurate said

I enjoyed my trial time in the game, but the lack of an economy kept me from subscribing (though if I'd tried a couple weeks earlier, I could've gotten the game for $30 for 3 months, and I probably would've done so). I'm definitely planning to try out DF2.0, and I really hope it turns out to be a great game.