Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 2:08PM BigAndShiny said

Completely agree. In the survey I for one actually asked for more VO. But I think I've made that clear already :P However I've yet to see an MMO where crafting isn't a grind. In 2004 WOW invented quests to cover up monster grind, but in crafting it's JUST GRIND.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 2:55PM Dits said

I hope they get it right, the economy in AoC has always been a problem, hopefully this will finally be a way to get it going

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 3:36PM Thorqemada said

• Half a heart
1.04 to 1.05 was not NGE, how dare you to say that?
I am serious, thegame was broken and had no driving motivation.
1.05 was to repair that and if you dont remind it was the players that asked for it!
Yeah the pvpers have forgotten their crying and howling and Gaute is the best man ever today but it was him delivering a broken game and everything following was due to that.

Then what do you think will a player do, who is suddenly forced to come out of his comfort zone of raiding and geargrinding bcs FC changes the economy of the game and forces them to interact with crafters?
Do you think they sing halleluja?
If you dont see an exxagaration for purpose then how be you able to write a column here?

The crafting revamp will fail, it will fail bcs anyone who would apreciate that is long gone and left over is the crwod on their comfort zone.
Take me by my Word!

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 3:52PM BigAndShiny said

@Thorqemada
If AOC had launched at 1.05, it would probably still have 500-800k subs.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 5:12PM Thorqemada said

@BigAndShiny
Well, a game of this quality should outpace Lotro or EQ2 and such but sadly it was a broken half finished game.
I am sure more than 95% of people liked Tortage but Tortage sadly is not the beginning of a stunning mmo epxerience but marks the crack in the game everyone feels advancing through the game.

Regarding to crafting - It will fail alone for the gold limit on the f2p accounts...

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 6:11PM Jef Reahard said

@Thorqemada

I'd be very surprised if they don't adjust that limit, perhaps even before the crafting revamp.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 6:41PM Thorqemada said

@Jef Reahard
Its FC you know...

I guess they would fare better to release an offsping named World of Conan using much of the same assets but offering a virtual conan world with all the systems for fauna, flora, economy, crafting etc. running form the start.
Having cultural fractions, fraction rvr etc...an e-sport arena type pvp...etc...

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 9:37AM shmegger said

@Thorqemada
I was thinking the same thing about the f2p accts. The revamp is coming in a paid expack. So just like RotGS, you won't be able to access the content without a sub. Whether it will fail based on that fact is hard to say, but it is not an upgrade aimed at f2p accts.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 4:05PM smartstep said

Too bad they have started to change and care for things like that , just now.

TOO LATE, this should have been adressed , long time ago.

Well now it is freemium game and I cannot stand freemium , so thanks but not thanks.

Hope those who play AoC will enjoy it thou.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 8:41PM Derekisazombie said

@smartstep You can't stand playing games for free?....What kind of madman are you?! Lol jk.....But seriously as well...=P

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 12:11AM Poordevil said

I am glad I missed the game at launch and never played before the 1.05 patch! I feel like I have been spared a lot of bitter memories!

Playing this game on and off since June 2010 I have seen nothing but improvements and additions come rolling in one after another. The game engine optimization and graphics improvements was a big one. Then came added content like solo dungeons. Then the really big change over to the FtP business model that brought in a swell of new players. Then we saw the Turan content.

Now they are putting a crafting revamp on the table, which if it is done right will be a big change for the better by broadening the game's appeal and gameplay, I don't think anything since 1.05 has done anything to alter the basic gameplay like this crafting overhaul has the potential to do.

As a player I just sit back, play the game and take it all in. It's great having so much to look forward too. And so far all their changes and additions have been for the better. No missteps so far, so I can be optimistic about a crafting overhaul.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 9:44AM shmegger said

Most people play a barbarian, and you cannot craft armor for the barb. Most players are level 80, and you cannot craft a level 80 potion.
You need to complete 3 recipes with no rares to advance gemcraft, but dozens of recipes and tons of rares to advance armorcraft.

The crafting system is so broken that it needed to be rebuilt or scrapped completely.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 9:55AM (Unverified) said

Crafting should STAY THE SAME, but be enhanced. Not a restart from scratch. Thats just Cm being batty.

Just like the devs have yet to promote AOC to any1 but spoiled current mmo gamers in 3+ years.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 8:03PM Poordevil said

@(Unverified)

"They need to concentrate on what matters. Not listen to the whims of a few shiney babies on the forums that spend more time whining than actually playing "

I don't believe Sil and company make any additions or mods to AoC on the whim of an internet post. In the year + playing this game and frequenting the official AoC boards, I can tell ya that their MO is not to make changes based on forum posts. Any changes made to AoC crafting will be done according to what they think is best, period.

We can make suggestions, and they may take some good ones into account, but in the final analysis what ever happens to the game is 100 % their decision, based on what they think is best for the game.

One Shots: The sacred bosom dance