Posted: Sep 30th 2011 8:14PM JuliusSeizure said

'de-factionalized (for lack of a better term)'

I would use 'stripped of factional dependency' or something similar. And while I'm on the subject of grammar, boni is not a word in English. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boni It's just plain old bonuses. ;P

PS- Tech is the only intelligent choice.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 11:34AM (Unverified) said

@JuliusSeizure

THANK YOU! "Boni" was bothering me so much... I thought it had to be a typo for a second or two, then I saw it was in there more than once and just cringed.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 9:19PM Palebane said

On one hand, it's nice to be able to pick a faction based on aesthetics alone instead of having playstyle dictated by faction or vise versa, but on the other hand why does it seem like a bunch of cool stuff always gets cut out of games in the name of balance. Sure it's nice that things are fair, but why does it always have to be? Overcoming adversity is one of the hallmarks of a great gameplay experience, in my opinion.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 9:40PM JuliusSeizure said

@Palebane

The problem was that things weren't inaccessible, it's that they were accessible but only through a laborious process that was nonetheless deemed necessary by the community due to peer pressure.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 8:52AM Saxxon said

Hugs and Kisses from Sax.

Ed you wound up the way-back machine for me. These flaws were some of the biggest reasons Ravenwood dissolved and left FE. Nice to see these issues have been addressed. I left and never looked back. Honestly I think I was the most hated player in the game at that time. Oh well someone has to be the bad guy right?

One of my favorites: http://www.hahahitmen.com/fallenearth/fallenmirth17.html

*hint - I'm the bear on the ground.

Love ya - Sax

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 9:09AM (Unverified) said

@Saxxon
The game is going F2P on Oct 12th. A lot has changed. You might want to give the game a second look.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 11:39AM (Unverified) said

Honestly, they were losing me before a lot of the changes of late. Making factions matter less did nothing to endear the game to me, and probably hastened my permanent departure from FE.

They might have made things simpler for people, but they killed a really cool idea in the process so net loss in my opinion.