Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:31PM Nerves said

Heh, you're pretty much exactly where I am, although I got up early today and did about an hour of questing in and around Galtrev. Phasing there takes it to the next level. So far I'm enjoying the quests - not so much the crowds and extreme lag in town.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:41PM Lenn said

I just finished the Stag Clan storyline and it was very good. I even felt a few pangs of guilt. I hope those clannies never find out I'm one of the hated horselords or they might strip me of my honourary membership. A bit strange, but I'll chalk that up to the same thinking that went into having Lorien elves shooting at you, even if you're an elf yourself and one from Lorien no less.

The new armour designs are amazing. Some of Turbine's best work to date. Stats-wise, I wasn't too impressed. I think I only equipped a new cloak and shoulderpads. The rest just wasn't anything to write home about. I worked hard on getting my morale and might up, and some of the pieces would have meant taking a big hit in that department, not to mention losing all the other little bonuses my current gear gives me.

Turbine seems to have finally fixed some of the DX11 bugs that had been plaguing the game. Middle-earth has never looked better with graphics on full throttle.

Class changes: some good, some a little less good. My champion plays a lot smoother now, with fewer power issues and a lot more survivability. Only my hunter seems a little borked now. I lost my favourite rotation. I'll put in a few more hours on him this weekend to see if I can find a new one that works well. I haven't tried my minstrel yet, but I hear they rock particularly hard now.

All in all, I'm very impressed so far. Not too shabby, Turbine.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:53PM Lenn said

@Lenn As to the difficulty in that White Hand camp: I was shocked! It had been a relative cakewalk up to that point. Then my warden meets three of those half orcs -one signature (who stuns), one regular (who does an annoying knock-up) and one of those guys with the torches that does a TON of fire damage over time- and for the first time in his career, he had to to use his racial Man heal. A warden! LotRO's one-man fellowship! Having trouble against three measly half orcs!

I'll be cautious from now on.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:57PM WyattEarp89 said

First off, great article. I am glad you had an overall enjoyable time.

I waited until after I got home from work on Tuesday to update the game and play, glad I did as the update only took about 15-20 minutes. I did not do much though since I had to log off early due to have some issues with my new pain meds. I plan to not level up fast and take my time since I learned from back when Moria was released, I was trying to hurry up and level high enough to do the quests in the new zones that Mines of Moria added. I missed out on a lot and even now I am going back and doing stuff such as the Book 1 quests.

A friend of mine is good for leveling fast, as of Wednesday he was 71 so he will be max level by the end of this weekend.

Overall I am happy with this update, I know other people have complained that this is not an "expansion" and more of an update but I am usually not picky when it comes to expansions and updates. The one thing that stood out as soon as I was in the new area was the sky and the terrain. The sky in lotro has always been something I liked and the way the sky looked at night when I first entered into the new zone I was in awe, I took a few screenshots and have it as my background both at home and work. The terrain from what I could tell at night looks much better, it sems to have better texture details, I will have to try it out in DX11 and see if that makes it better.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:04PM WyattEarp89 said

I am glad to hear that a lot of the DX 11 issues are fixed. I tried running it and I was having issues that should not be happening on my computer so I figured that it was something on Turbines end and that DX 11 just needs some tweaking.

Even though this is off topic I just wanted to say that at least Turbine has always been updating Lotro with the latest DX version. When DX 10 came out Turbine released a DX 10 update to the game very quick. So kudos to them for that. :-)

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:05PM WyattEarp89 said

@WyattEarp89 Dang it, the post above was a reply for Lenn. Sorry about that. :(

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 11:11PM EdmundDante said

They beefed up the Minstrel - I can take care of most mobs now with 2 buttons - sometime 2 1/2 buttons.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 11:13PM EdmundDante said

PS: And that's not going into Warspeech mode. *cough*

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 1:20AM GW2waiting said

Wow, this all sounds like great fun. I wish the digital download was not so large that it would take all my allowance for 2 months, or my refusal to touch the Pando malware install. I might have to find a box set somewhere if they still exist..... Have fun guys, I'm jealous!

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 2:57PM ScottishViking said

I'm really enjoying the update. Minstrels are absolute beasts now. And while I was worried about the non-changes to the Guard, I think they were about right when they said the class was doing pretty well as it was. So my two main classes -- Minstrel and Guard -- are pretty happy. I haven't had a chance to log on my Burglar yet, so I don't know what the story is there.

I'm also looking forward to the mass of Creep cannon fodder in the Moors. Bring on the Reaver Army! :)