Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:14PM (Unverified) said

I gotta admit, that new journal looks great! Nothing worse than not knowing what to do next and just from that screen shot, it makes me excited for this to go fp2!

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:17PM Space Cobra said

Ooo...

Definite improvement there. It can be kinda hard to sift through the list of missions one has in their old journals.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:38PM (Unverified) said

New mission journals are better, but when working on missions in rapid succession I find it annoying to have to open the journal, then select PVE, then select the mission I am working on.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:06PM pcgneurotic said

Eh, I'm always put off re-subbing by the fact that I know I'll log-in, floating in space somewhere, without one blind clue as to what in the nine rings I'm supposed to be doing.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 8:21PM MMOaddict said

@pcgneurotic

THIS! lol, amazing how you summed up my last few sub attempts in such a short paragraph.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 8:58PM dudemanjac said

@pcgneurotic I resubbed this last time and right away found myself doing the breen series. I must have been sent there somehow. even if I wasn't there is now a list of avilable missions and the featured series are very visible.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:22PM Perdurabo said

Really looking forward to this. I played about an hour or so into the tutorial on a trial account before the game changed hands; the 'away' missions/elements seemed really clumsy and dull. Without a subscription in the way, it might stay on my hard drive long enough for me to stumble into gameplay I like.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 7:20PM andyman54 said

yea i just picked the game up at gamestop for 8bucks what a deal im hoping they give some type of bonus to people that own the game

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 11:07AM (Unverified) said

This game is improving in strides. This interface isn't the BIGGEST story actually, their most recent addition is the DOFF system. It incorporates some of the basic duties with none officer crew members that give buffs to abilities and special benefits to abilities. This system will effectively get rid of the fly by night players who only want to RAID or DUNGEON crawl to get anything in the game worthwhile who stay in the game for a couple of months flame out and leave. I love this new system it's well worth it.

Examples of what it gives, If you are a tactical player you are familiar with the Ability: Security Escort which beams in 2 security escorts to help in a ground fight. This system will give you a chance to beam in two or more in when using this ability.

If you are a science officer, one of the examples i liked was the Ability: Tacyon Beam would sometimes cause the ship you were hitting to lose almost all maneuverability.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 11:27AM Tom in VA said

If there was a way, I'd turn off ("hide") PvP missions altogether in all of the games I play. One of the things I didn't like about STO's original mission/quest interface was that it did not distinguish regular missions from PvP missions very clearly.

I wish MMOs would allow players more options to turn on or off "!"-type "quest-available" overhead NPC markers for the various types of quests you want or do not want to do: instance/group/dungeon quests, crafting quests, seasonal quests, reputation quests, stupid pie/mail delivery quests (LotRO!!!), etc. You should be able to do same thing in your quest log.

It's been a while since I played LotRO, but I seem to recall that game having a pretty decent level of quest log customizability. It was nice.

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM