Posted: Sep 30th 2011 3:18PM Irem said

They're really lovely. I was expecting to like the Amarr one best, since I generally dig that aesthetic where ships and stations are concerned, but the Gallente and Caldari versions actually seem the most comfortable to me.

It's a shame CCP's lost a lot of player goodwill, because they probably won't be very well-received. It's a little like insisting on painting portraits for people when they're hungry for food.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 2:05AM Calfis said

@Irem

Great... Now all they have to do is fix super capital spamming :P

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 3:24PM Eamil said

They look good.

I hope for WoD's sake they fix the funky control scheme Incarna avatars currently have. Right now instead of turning your character and the camera until you let go, A and D turn you instantly to a 90-degree angle left or right relative to the position of the camera. You pretty much have to drag the camera manually every time you turn.

It's a "console-ified" control scheme (games like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed do the same thing, more forgivably since your mouse controls the camera non-stop rather than having to hold down mouse buttons), which makes no sense because their console game is going to be an FPS and WoD is presumably going to be PC-only.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 5:47PM Eric Francis said

• 1 heart
So 4 months later, 3 more closets.

Im certainly not going to celebrate anything

Glad i unsubbed.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 3:24PM (Unverified) said

@Eric Francis
I'm glad if you never come back.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:18PM Perdurabo said

• 1 heart
Interesting that they're still developing this so energetically. I personally don't use the captain's quarters feature, but I don't take issue with anyone who does; to each their own.

'Al Sharpton'? I don't much care for mixing religion/politics and gaming, nor do I personally find it professional -in fact, I like to think of Massively as a rare place of refuge from the general political commentary/pot shots I see spammed on Facebook/Twitter/etc. Stay classy, Jef.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:34PM Resurge said

@Perdurabo lol relax, it's ok to mention people's names even if (GASP) they are real people. He made no political value judgement. This world is so stupidly worried with not offending anyone or being "PC" all the time. It's refreshing to see a writer not afraid of being called out for simply referring to someone famous/political. But of course, someone did. Never mind that the statement was completely innocuous and benign. Perhaps you should look up the word "classy"

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:52PM Perdurabo said

• 1 heart
@ Resurge Mentioning people is fine, but invoking controversial political/religious figures probably isn't the best thing to do in this particular line of journalism. There's often enough vitriolic commentary on the topic of just *gaming* that we don't need to inject any other partisan element. Political value judgment or not, I don't think it's appropriate to bring up this sort of thing.

Massively is about gaming - not UFC, or Congress, or trance music. 'Innocuous and benign' is a matter of opinion, and frankly I think you're being disingenuous and/or trolling. Jef has made several very distinctly political remarks in his articles before, and I think it's quite fair to call him on it.

I still like his articles on the whole - in fact, his are the only ones I regularly find interesting Massively besides Justin's - but I can find my way to HuffPost or Townhall just fine, and don't think an MMO gaming blogsite is the appropriate place for political wisecracks from the editorial end.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 4:31AM Xilmar said

Funny how 3 new closets that were supposed to be ready a few months ago, and very few player actually care about, is bigger news than time dilation.

There was the option of writing about a cool way of dealing with lag when 2000 players fight in the same place, yet the article is about 3 new CQs. Sorry if this sounds like a troll or whatever, but i honestly can't figure out why captain's quarters are more news-worthy than dynamic time manipulation in an MMO.

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 10:02PM mobili said

Does anyone have any comments on how well they think the designs work? I'm sure there will be much flaming of this release, much of it justified. CCP has to have a better venue for showing off new boots and other such Nex items, and this expansion will probably go a small way towards driving up Aur and plex prices.

That said, there are lots of cool things that *could* happen with CQ. One could imagine an active marketplace and actual haggling with players over items available at a starbase, for example. Once the magic door opens.

Back to the design though. They all look very samey to me. I haven't tried out the test server, but from the pictures the aesthetics seem very similar. Gallente is just slightly green, Caldari slightly blue, etc. It would be great to see race-specific stuff like religious icons in the Amarr version, actual duct tape in Minmatar, and Roomba (drone) in Gallente!