Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:38PM Liltawen said

Get Star Wars working first.
But I guess that if they're going to do one, now is the time to get started on it. Maybe we'll see it 4-5 years from now.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:48PM Seldra said

I like the Mass Effect series, I just don't see any reason to make it an MMO though. I guess it could be a pvp focused game though, Blue Suns v Blood Pack v Spectres v Volus, who knows.

I don't think every IP has to go MMO if you ask me.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:57PM Space Cobra said

I've always been lukewarm to a Mass Effect IP, generally because the single-player versions are so great. I wouldn't mind another Sci-Fi MMO being made, either a "standard" style or FPS.

But *really* Bioware...

...get back to me when you make a Jade Empire MMO!

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 9:51PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

I guess I should straighten that comment out; I like the Mass Effect IP/Universe, but I am lukewarm to its use as an MMO. ;P

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:25PM SiML said

Greg Z said: "You never know. I think once The Old Republic is done, we'll take a fresh look at the market."
..........

To be honest that worries me. Any MMO developer of note knows you are NEVER done with a MMO. What are they going to do?, hand over to LucasArts after the first patch?.

Re: a Mass Effect MMO, I'm a big fan of Mass Effect, but I would rather it stayed an RPG in its current form. I suppose if there is not going to be anymore Mass Effect after ME3 on the console - then I suppose there is nowhere to go but an MMO if you are talking about freedom in the ME Universe and not specialising on a console title like say: The First Contact War or Rachni War.
I also would of liked to have seen a next gen KoTOR 3 away from the TOR MMO.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 9:04PM (Unverified) said

Those NAZIS at Bioware will never be able to charge $15 a month for a Mass Effect MMO. Epic fail.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 10:59PM Bramen said

A great game does not make a great mmo.

What would Mass Effect benefit from by becoming an MMO?

At it's largest it should be a 4 player online game more like the classic great multiplayer RPGs like the original Diablo.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 3:42AM Verus said

Would be nice to see a great MMOFPS. We have yet to see a good one.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 3:51AM ArcherAvatar said

I've really enjoyed the ME games, and would be at least curious about an MMOG based on that IP but, please, please, please... have enough sense to completely drop even the hint of holy trinity from whatever class system is implemented for it.

Take a look at some of the more "action" based MMOs (there aren't many yet) that are out there and try to implement something like that into the ME setting.

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 9:32AM Freakydemon said

Nope.avi

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 4:12PM cerebrix said

EA should have had them working on this in the first place rather than the Star Wars MMO.

That might sound crazy but think about it for a second.

Yes, SWTOR will make them some good money. But the Star Wars license is historically insanely expensive. They very well could be straight splitting the profit with Lucasarts.

Mass Effect is something EA owns completely. So they would keep all the profits.

Also, There is a lot of work that goes into the approval process for whats "ok" in the Star Wars universe and what isn't. Again, this is something EA wouldnt have to worry about with Mass Effect. The team can do whatever they want since they completely own the property.

It shouldnt be something they're considering, it should be something they are a year into development on already, at least...

Posted: Oct 1st 2011 5:45PM Royalkin said

Only if it were a sandbox, I don't really want another iteration of World of Warcraft.

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 4:58AM Unverfied B said

Wait what?

"We're focused very much on The Old Republic, Mass Effect 3 and Wrath of Heroes, "

Where's DA3?!?!?

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 6:31PM kdognumba1 said

if they make one, I'll then be playing 2 MMO's XD

Posted: Oct 3rd 2011 3:23PM (Unverified) said

Oh god, are they going to finish this game and hand off development for new content/expansions to a 3rd party?

Haven't they learned from KOTOR2 and NWN2? Trusting 3rd party developers with their games always ends in ruin.