Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:28PM (Unverified) said

@CaffinatedOne

The Mass Effect MMO would most likely a 3rd person shooter style. This would be very different than anything anyone has planned. As a big fan of Mass Effect 2 / Gears of War, I would like the combat style a lot.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:18PM Faith said

It's a shame he had to bundle 'Wrath of Heroes' in with ME3 and SWTOR.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:32PM Tom in VA said

@Faith

Lol. That was my thought exactly. :-)

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:21PM Jennacide said

Now I'd have to decide who I'd want to be in an ME MMO. Asari adept, or Krogan battlemaster. DAMN YOU CHOICES.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:26PM Wykydtron86 said

He could also be talking about when SWTOR is done way down the road(years), like after they stop or slow down adding new content, expansions, etc.

Somehow I don't think he's referring to them stopping all work on the game when it releases, that would be just plain silly.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:31PM UltraHumanite said

Only if the combat does not involve an auto-attack.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:37PM Spacegrass said

A Mass Effect MMO sounds like it has the potential to be really fun. Assuming the gameplay was more like Mass Effect than World of Warcraft, I might even play it instead of SWTOR - which is why I don't see this happening anytime soon, as Bioware has nothing to gain from competing with itself. It's a shame, because Mass Effect is one of the more interesting settings, and sci-fi MMOs are underrepresented.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:54PM aaradun said

@Spacegrass It took them 5-6y to do SWOTR, will take as long if not longer for MASS EFFECT

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:40PM (Unverified) said

NCSoft, SOE, Cryptic and Turbine are all examples of companies who have had more MMORPG's than just one up and running.

If they don't have a problem with that, then why should Bioware? After all, they already have WAR and SWTOR under their supervision.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:44PM real65rcncom said

@(Unverified) exactly. Even Trion is trying with RIFT and Defiance to make two mmos, lol.

There are people who don't like Star Wars but like Mass Effect so there isn't anything wrong with Bioware taking it's popular titles and developing it into mmos.

I'd rather have had Dragon Age MMO than Mass though :(

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:47PM hereafter said

This wouldn't happen for a long while if they decided to start something like that. Also, they could use one of their other studios to make it. BioWare Austin is dedicated to TOR, so they could pick another location or even start a new one.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:50PM LEeHamM said

Mass Effect Universe- Coming December 20th ... 2139 worth the cryo sleep i guess

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 2:58PM DJJazzy said

I would love a Mass Effect mmo. I'm lukewarm for the Star Wars one but I'd go gaga for a mmo set in the Mass Effect universe (as long as it had similar mechanics to the single player games).

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 3:37PM Kuroyume said

WANT

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:03PM stamps79 said

Um, Yes please.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:04PM DarkWalker said

If Bioware do make a Mass Effect MMO, I hope they leave behind the ton of old WoW conventions and systems they used on TOR, and go for some of the concepts GW2 and Secret World will be using.

I don't have much hope, though. Bioware is known for it's stories and polish; not for innovating their game systems.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:20PM Cyclone Jack said

I would be afraid that they would not be given the freedom to go in the direction they need to take the game to transition properly into an MMO setting. Also, not knowing how the trilogy ends, it is hard to say where they could go with the story. What I like about the series is the variety of races and worlds, and properly transitioned I think it could make for a great setting. My biggest fear would be that they WoW it, meaning that they make some big changes to the lore, initially, to shoehorn it into 2 factions, force the holy trinity, add thempark questing, etc.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:22PM Irem said

I would be excited if I weren't fairly sure it'd follow TOR's formula (they seem very proud of sticking to the numbers in designing it, so I don't expect anything to change). Nothing against TOR, it's just not what I'm looking for in an MMO any more. I'd mostly want a social experience from an MMO set in the ME universe anyway, and I strongly doubt that would be high on the priority list as they've been open about gearing up the franchise to mainly appeal to FPS fans.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:27PM Dunraven said

No interest in a ME MMO..Dragon Age, well that is another story entirely, but they better hurry because I hear George R.R. Martin is in the process of selecting which company gets the Game of Thrones MMO license.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 4:51PM Tom in VA said

@Dunraven

I agree with you, Dragon Age would make a great MMO setting.

My chief misgiving about an ME MMO is not the IP (which is great) but that I have zero interest in (yet another) Sci-Fi MMOFPS, which a Mass Effect MMO almost certainly would be. Moreover, I'll be surprised if Titan, Blizzard's next big MMO isn't also (yet another) Sci-Fi MMOFPS.