Posted: Sep 29th 2011 9:05PM Fabius Bile said

its probably one of the most boring MMOs I ever had the disgraze of playing. Someone call Reakktor/gamingo and tell them that an unholy amount of grind for the sake of grinding, all equally boring to the point of tears isnt content.

Posted: Sep 29th 2011 10:18PM Azaetos said

This game has one of the worst examples of an item shop I have ever seen.
I remember when it was about to be released and the marketing guy saying that it wouldn't be P2W, wonder what happened.
Then there is the 'concentration' mechanic and the slot machine style crafting system and the list goes on.

Sure you can play for free, just be prepared to be pure canon-fodder for anyone spending a crap load in the item shop.

It's frustrating because the game had a lot of potential, but has been knee-capped by how the item shop has been implemented.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 6:01AM FrostPaw said

The in game tutorial is so bizarre on this game. I played it last week, I did a piloting tutorial then I was put in a gun turret, then I was given another tutorial then I was sent out into the world for a prologue which tried to teach me things I had to know beforehand. Then I encountered unpolished, unfinished animations, several game stopping bugs and I did all this, got frustrated and quit before I even played long enough to choose a faction and actually get out of the prologue.

They needed more polish on the front end of the game, seems they are too busy worrying about what comes after now though.

Posted: Sep 30th 2011 1:43PM dudemanjac said

Don't blame the beta testers. We begged. This new pvp section they have now is something we tried to get going from the beginning but it is one of a whole host of ideas that were either ignored or considered worthless. It's a shame because it has a solid engine as far as I'm concerned. Was better when the guns weren't on swivels, but apparently the days of Wing Commander os Starlancer type flight is gone.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014