Posted: Sep 28th 2011 9:48AM Pingles said

One thing I will be interested to see is how they deal with PvP.

Every Eastern F2P conversion I try (I try just about all of them) seems to keep PvP at it's most hardcore level (No safe zones, even for level 1 players) then, several months later, open a PvE server.

Just amazing to me that they keep doing it over and over again. One of these days they're gonna start with both right out of the gate.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 10:16AM Gamewench said

BOI ( Battle of Immortals) which is it's predecessor I believe had PVE servers right out the door. I believe at a certain level if you're not in a safe zone you can get pk'd but it was at a level higher than noob areas. I'm gonna give it a shot during beta to see how it flies =)

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 10:49AM GosuSensei said

How surprising.
Another PWE game that is made to last for 6 months until they start the next beta for the next game. It is pretty smart though. People play one of their heavily advertised games for a few months and then quit because they realise that its shit just like the games before. Or even better, they become addicted.
After most people leave ,they simply drop their support for that game and release another MMO which is basically the same as the previous one.
It has been like this for years and people still dont realise.
PWE=evil,greedy,generic chinese MMO developer. They simply are good at advertising their games.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:42PM drunkingamebar said

@GosuSensei ^^^

Every time I play one, it's like 'This game could be so good', but it's sooo generic! The cash shops are also a burden, and if you have to buy xp multipliers, I don't even want to play. The quests are usually terrible, and forever and a day away from one another, the respawn rates are terrible, dungeons are bad - Ugh I hate to say it, but after playing WoW you get used to the quality game play and mechanics.

Makes it really hard to pick up and play these games.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 11:59AM KnocG said

This will be another pay to win game that loses a lot of it's steam after a few months. They designed their cube engine so they can quickly make generic re-hashes of the same rpg with a different title and a few different features and fill the cash shop with items that make it absolutely necessary to spend money to succeed in high level competitive play. Based on PWE's track record, I certainly will not be checking out this mmo

But hey people keep shelling out money for these games. Perhaps my viewpoint on the situation doesn't reflect that of the masses.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:49PM drunkingamebar said

@KnocG No I think your point of view is spot on, I am guessing people in countries that don't have WoW or refuse to pay for a subscription fees for games just gobble this stuff up. More than likely they they give in a little at a time, and then it just becomes part of why they play and keep investing, I mean after you play something for so long you get attached to your character, e-friends ect, and it's hard to let go especially when you have a lot of money tied into it.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:55PM Gamewench said

@KnocG The community I've found in battle of the immortals was rather immature and very zen grabby ( the in-game currency) Certainly in order to compete you have to use the cash shop. But if you're there for fun, don't really care about getting to cap it's an OK way to pass a lil bit of time once in a while =)

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 7:40PM Juicer said

From a business stand point PWE is brilliant. From a gamers perspective they are nothing but crooks. They have found a legal way to sell kids heroin (their games) and base it on luck. So not only are they selling their trash but they are selling a chance for trash.

I think they should get out of the game industry and stick to running illegal casinos. At least they would be up front with their moral putrefaction.

Posted: Sep 29th 2011 8:22AM BGExorcist said

BoI was pure pay to own, and very expensive one

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM