Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:12PM (Unverified) said

I resubbed just to check this patch out. Rift really is looking better and better with each patch, and was a great game at launch, so the future is looking pretty bright to me despite some tough competition coming up.

Props to Trion for constantly improving their game.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:13PM (Unverified) said

Excellent!.. except I just cancelled my sub. : /

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:24PM real65rcncom said

@(Unverified)

They aren't doing the World event until a few weeks after this drops anyways, so you won't see that.

pretty sure this is just all the new solo dungeons and stuff. I dont think the event is finished because they only put a small part on the pts

made sense to put it out this week though. all Trion's six month subs expire NEXT WEEK lol.. surprise?

not really...

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:35PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Looks like a decent patch however, it's not enough to keep me interested. With the addition of solo/duo dungeons it's very clear Trion is watering down the game more and more to cater to casuals. Not my cup of tea. Bring back vanilla/bc era wow epicness.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 10:25PM Acharenus said

@(Unverified) The raids are still there, the idea is for as many people as possible to see the content. You don't want epicness you want your exclusive epeen rights back.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 10:51PM (Unverified) said

@Acharenus
No I want it to take more than a couple weeks to go from fresh 50 to raid geared.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 2:04AM hami83 said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified) From that comment, you clearly play the game.......

Ohhhh I have an opinion on something I don't play. it must be heard on the Internet because it's the only place I feel I can say something without getting laughed at! grrrrbrbrbrbr!

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 9:33AM Lafajet said

@hami83 Why is it that it is always the pot that's calling the kettle black?

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:25PM Lafajet said

Looks like a cool update. It will probably not be enough to get me to resub though, I'm the kind of player who really need to play with some of my real life friends to enjoy myself as much as I can and they don't really have a huge interest in the game. Well, that and for some reason the setting isn't really doing it for me.

Good on Trion for getting a steady stream of content and improvements out though.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 9:30PM chum said

That looks really cool, can't wait! I'm really happy for more advancement, it always makes me sad to hit cap. I was happy about the raptor mount but that spider looks badass.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 12:09AM Infestimus said

While the game wasn't to my tastes, I'm always impressed by Trion's updates and aggressive recruitment policies.

A lot of people like to complain about Rift being a WoW clone, but MMOs would be a lot better if other devs started acting like Trion clones...

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 1:13AM Knuxson said

@Infestimus I have to agree with you there. When I was playing Rift I was actually very impressed by Trion. I probably would still be playing if the story and world had been more interesting, which is a big deal for me.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:11AM Aragheld said

I must say, Trion has really proved a diversified and capable developer, continuing to provide content for players from all gaming stratification. I absolutely, too, agree that Rift has copied numerous aspects from previous MMOs, the most predominant being those from WoW, but I personally feel Trion has been able to give it a level of depth that currently seems to be lacking in WoW. A fervid player of both games, I recognize the individuality and uniqueness of each game, and enjoy their gameplay within each of their own realms. I truly hope Rift continues to be as engrossing and engaging as I've found it to be since release!

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:53AM Viiral said

• 1 heart
Meh.. Not interested in returning. have pre-ordered SWTOR Collectors Edition

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 9:15AM fallwind said

@Viiral Cause that is TOTALLY not WoW with glowing swords...

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 10:22AM MtthwRddl said

@Viiral Have fun staring at a blank screen for 2 more months. ;P

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 5:24AM Bongo123 said

• Half a heart
@Ren54

i dont know what you love about this game it was boring as all hell, the world felt lifeless and borrowed heavily from WOW, even the graphics where souless, all in all im so glad i got into beta so i didnt waste the money on this

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 5:59AM TortoiseCan said

hmm wow.. if they release another patch this year with a new continent, I will probably resub. This patch looks awesome but not quite enough to pull me away from lotro. The world felt too small was my major gripe.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 6:46AM Floop the Squirrel said

@TortoiseCan
Well, they said at Gamescom that patch 1.6 will most likely bring Ember Isle, which is not a continent, but a new zone. (A big one, granted... bigger than Silverwood, for example). The interesting thing is that they did not mention the Planetouched Wilds, which is also really big. (Bigger than Shimmersand+desert)

So while the next patches might bring one or two new big zones, it won't be an entire continent. Still, 2 zones isn't too shabby either, you gotta admit ;)

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 6:19AM (Unverified) said

I subbed again, since I know when swtor is coming. Starting over clean. Hoping there is enough to do for 2 months. Are the Chronicles just 2 solo/duo instances? What is the cooldown on those?

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM