Posted: Sep 26th 2011 5:36PM smartstep said

Seems like someone is fighting for it's players.

Maybe Aion in west is not doomed to cease to exist like some people say after all?

Lately it seems like it is one of few games that really is getting some serious love from developers.

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 7:33PM ChaosInc said

It isn't a bad step. I've logged and started a new toon with the currently running reactiviation. For the first time, I may actually consider resubbing if the rest of the game has been polished up as much as the general mechanics. Although I think the amount of Lodestones that are given are a bit excessive, I hear the grind is masked a bit better nowadays and looking forward to seeing the changes since I last played (2009).

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 11:04PM Boardwalker said

Very nice. Looking forward to this patch and the game continuing to get better.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 8:14AM Lorell said

I really like idea of these two PvP arenas and how u can earn decent (not the best maybe but decent) PvP set / wep. For PvP noobs like me with 2.7 it will be esier to get some PvP items without farming millions of AP and Plat Medals. :)

So for me it's good step (after all these new PvP items are worse than AP items for which you have to work so long).

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 2:30PM Poohbum said

Sadly Aion is completely dependable based on latency since the animations themselves need to take place, quite a horrible system for a videogame where animations should only be representations. No doubt this is because it is a Korean game, where millions and millions of people live in the same tiny area. Sadly this means that the game is invalid for Australians and for a lot of people that much play at a length from the servers... Even most Americans have a disadvantage, that is how badly based this is on latency. They really have no logical reason to make the game like this. A game like WoW was perfectly playable being far away from the servers, while the player would ALWAYS have a tiny disadvantage, it wasn't dramatic and game-changing as Aion is. Using stopcasting and it was very viable at 200-300ms (which I think they put in automatically during TBC without macros).
WoW was/is responsive, Aion EVERY ANIMATION must go through and in the end the game is a painfully slow and unresponsive experience for Oceanic players. Basically my point = they can change the game as much as they want, but if they don't fix this one core issue then they are just alienating me and all Oceanic players from what could very well be a good game some day.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 3:36PM Sukiyaki said

"A game like WoW was perfectly playable being far away from the servers"

Bullshit.
Target is out of range, skill is not ready, casts disrupted, you must face target, you must be behind target, you have no target, ever splitsecond of time and after and before and while every hit are FREQUENT in WoW at bad latency.
WoW simply doesnt show how bad the latency is on movements and hides it behind tiny error messages, it doesn't prevent latency issues at all or handles them anyway better than Aion. It simply leaves you to move wherever you want even when the latency is bad and the server out of sync. When a problem occours it simply gives you another error message.

WoW was/is responsive
Bullshit myth: WoW is lacking Thats it.
WoW combat is NOT POLISHED. Polished means you prevent faults, solve them or remove existing or potential faults right at planing. WoW just
- IGNORES problems. it allows movements and executes skills even when the client is out of sync again after the execution command. Rubberbanding in WoW is rare because the server client simply doesn't tell that the serverconnection is bad and out of sync early enough like in Aion . While moving alone its no problem. But in combat with bad latency you have FREQUENT error messages as above due to the lack of sync with other player especially your targets
- It simply doesn't have any features that could go wrong and allowed movements even when they are wrong. Its lacking complex motions. It has clunky simplistic animations. Badly dislocated bodies. No realism.
A hit on you enemy in WoW never felt like a hit. You feel no force in strikes. You feel no pressure. You feel no impact. The combat is simplistic and shallow. WoW is about as "polished" as Pong. Ofc Pong looks fluent either.

"Aion EVERY ANIMATION must go through "
Bullshit myth repeated over and over by rage-quitter from years ago and trolls:
Since BETA at endgame NOT EVEN HALF of the skills with attackanimation have any motionlocks. The unlocked skills have zero affect on your characters movements and can be executed by freely moving. Exactly those where it wouldnt look completely retarded if the character would freely move like backflips, pirouettes or whatever.
Complaining about motionlocks but favoring casting or completely biased. Either one forces you to stop and stand still. None of them feels more "clunky" than another.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 8:51PM ChaosInc said

There is nothing untrue in this. As noted earlier, I played back when the combat was "awful" (really wasn't that bad compared to most) and during reactivation I've noticed considerable improvements in animations and skill casting. Hell, I remember when you had to move yourself after a successful gather or wait out the animation, which again, is not the case anymore.

Just hit 16 (gained the last 4 leveling alchemy/handicraft) and I still hold true that the "gifts" per level are a bit much; I just got handed 3 pieces of my 16 greens and my green bow just before that. I hoping the charity drops off later on in levels as it does seem excessive, but when I think back and compare it to leveling with heirlooms in WoW, this still feels better than running around with the same OP gear for 60+ levels with never having to change a single piece.

The game really does feel better since the days of 1.X. Yes, it is still a korean game and has grind to it, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be with the exception of crafting.