Posted: Sep 26th 2011 8:48PM Zyrusticae said

Dominion is the most fun I've had with a DotA-alike in ages.

After playing it, I just can't go back to Summoner's Rift. It's just not possible!

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 8:53PM Utakata said

Hey anything on this *Skyrim? I heard it was an MMO without other players. O.O

*Note: The Elder Scrolls V, for the RPG ingnorant (like myself).

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 9:01PM Brendan Drain said

@Utakata Skyrim is purely single-player unfortunately, but it's a fantastic RPG. I played a bit of it at Eurogamer Expo this weekend, and it's going to be awesome on PC.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 3:45AM Utakata said

@Brendan Drain

Thanks for sharing that. :)

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 1:27PM Poohbum said

@Brendan Drain You do know it is being made specifically for consoles right? So I doubt the PC version will be better, or at least a bit better then the normal version. I remember how horrible the Fallout 3 UI was for PC, why do I have to take 5x longer to do stuff just because consoles don't have the same amount of buttons? Is it really that hard to redesign the PC version a little to include more keybinds and a smoother experience?

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 1:38PM Brendan Drain said

@Poohbum It doesn't matter what it's being specifically made for. The Xbox version was significantly graphically handicapped by the console. They're obviously not finished optimising the graphics for the XBox, but today's PCs will definitely be able to get better graphics. It's just a case of current-gen consoles starting to really show their age.

Posted: Sep 28th 2011 4:56AM BGExorcist said

@Brendan Drain
Actually most of the games are console ports these days, Awfull for the eye with the outdated graphics. Dungeon Siege 3 - total fail for PC.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 12:16AM Skyydragonn said

have to say i never played Dota when WC3 was out. Sad to have missed it.
A few buddies ahve been playing LoL for awhile now and got me into it. its great fun when you've got a few freinds to team up with.
Dominion almost instaly reminded me of Arathi basin from WoW (a good thing as tha was my fav BG) I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dominion. Just hope that Riot starts getting some new maps out there sometime soon.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 5:41AM Addfwyn said

Problem with Dominion so far seems to be that it is ruined much more heavily by leavers than Summoner's Rift, and I am noticing a LOT more leavers in Dominion too. One person leaving the game basically means it's over.

Posted: Sep 27th 2011 11:47AM Resurge said

Dominion is good fun, but so far I am getting my ass handed to me alot, lol.

Any news on Wrath of Heroes? I haven't seen that mentioned here yet, and it looks amazing - not 100% sure what yo'd call it, but it reminds me of Bloodline Champs and DOTA games - sorta. Any chance on a big write-up on that game?