Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:10AM pcgneurotic said

Yeah, the foxes from LoTRO *and* WoW. Even though they're pests in real life, in-game they seem so innocent compared to all the other gnarly beasts you have to slay.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:19AM (Unverified) said

Deer in Borean Tundra that you HAVE to kill to get the blood for a fishing daily. They meant no harm to us! [They are yellow - neutral]

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 9:08AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

To me, the deer weren't much of a problem, but the baby elephants on the other hand! When I needed elephant meat, no aoe was used because while I could easily murder mom and pop, no harm would come to the lil' guys.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:23AM Beags said

• 1 heart
nothing in World of Warcraft fits that description... because every single mob in that game is completely lifeless and robotic.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:29AM Dumac said

There is a f2p game called Martial Empires that has dancing cats for you to kill. That's cat's who come up to you when you are near and dance. with. you. And the beginner quests have you killing them.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 2:24PM Faction 3 said

@Dumac

Yes! YES! I was thinking of those when I read the headline! Those dancing Racoon things in the starter area!

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 2:36PM Dumac said

@Faction 3
I thought they were cats, they looked like cats, but after some googling it turns out they're probably meerkats. Still cute though!

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:29AM LaughingTarget said

None. If it's foolish enough to be tagged for killing, it deserves to die.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 8:33AM Azules said

xi's Mandys are disgustingly cute. always felt bad about smacking em.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 9:10AM Utakata said

Being too cute doesn't prevent any from wanting to kill you. Trust me on that.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 9:30AM ndessell said

cute things make cute leather makes cute pants make me cute

Death is just the natural transfer of cute to me.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:11AM VioletArrows said

WoW's fairy dragons/sprite darters, even though Horde quests constantly have you killing them in Feralas and Blade's Edge. :(

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:13AM aurickle said

In Rift there's a collection of critter tears which have a chance of dropping when you kill different types of critters. Snakes are ok. Same with rats, bunnies and squirrels. Deer aren't even that bad, although when they die they have the most heart-wrenching animation the devs could think of. But the absolute worst is the cats. They're only found around towns, which means they're people's pets and sometimes you have to kill a half dozen to get the tear to drop. It's only a piece of computer code, but I still have trouble every time.

And to put the icing on the cake, when you do get a tear that pop-up info for each type says things like, "Murderer." Or, "How do you live with yourself?"

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 1:14AM (Unverified) said

Not to mention that once you collect all the critter tears and turn them in you get a non-combat pet.

It's the Spirit of Tears... the ghost of the cat you killed.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:24AM Irem said

FFXI has a ton of mobs I preferred not to kill because they were adorable. For all the good that did me (I'm looking at you, colibri EXP camps). Mandragoras, apkallu, pixies, colibri...I'm a sucker for silly-looking things, I guess.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:29AM Melinoe said

I always feel so terrible when I have to kill the wildcats in LOTRO.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:34AM (Unverified) said

Cottontail Teemo. I feel sad every time I have to kill him.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:35AM dudes said

Killing all those Gnomes as a Horde on the BG's in WoW is a tough struggle, but I get through it. Those little buggers have to be hammered hard to go down and stay down sometimes.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:42AM Comrade Domovoi said

Freaking Star Wars Galaxies man. Endor's forest moon. Anyone who has been there knows what I'm talking about. You get missions to kill these little thing that look like a hybrid between a cat and a rabbit. And when they die, the screams, they still haunt me :(.

Posted: Sep 25th 2011 10:53AM (Unverified) said

Allot of the mobs in WAKFU are very cute, especially given their playful animations. It took me a long time to bring myself to kill A Bow Meow the first time I played.... still feel bad about it too :(

Swordsman launches today