Posted: Sep 24th 2011 12:11AM drunkingamebar said

@lylh37 Do people actually by from these spammers? I'm guessing so since they just wont go away!!

Posted: Sep 24th 2011 11:24AM Furdinand said

I wish Massively would bring back "Alter Ego" or a new weekly about the game. The articles are good at relaying broad information about updates to the game, but they don't convey the player experience the way that the weekly columns about specific games do.

Posted: Sep 24th 2011 11:15PM Faction 3 said

@Furdinand

I was pissed when they stopped doing that article too, but c'mon, you cant blame them, the game lost SOOOOO much interest in a shockingly short amount of time.

I was a HUGE advocate of the game back in its lauch days (if the old forums are still up, you can probably find some of my old posts under the same "Faction 3" name), but even I had to give up eventually. It was just so poorly supported. Seriously...the "Pistol Glitch" went on for almost a month! C'mon!

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 6:40AM Drakan said

The game had great potential due to the decent combat system and action-oriented gameplay, but unfortunately the higher-ups decided to ruin it. Early release, massive bugs that went unfixed for months (most of them still in the game even now), console-only GUI port, rampant hacking in PvP...

Its failure is no big surprise, and the f2p model is not going to save it. There is enough competition in the f2p market now, crappy quality no longer makes the cut.

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 8:26PM remeran said

@Drakan

I agree with everything you said except when you implied that the game is still crappy. Most bugs are fixed and everything is pretty much normal with the game now. The game has the level of polish it should have had since the beginning. I think that this Free to Play model will help breathe some life to this great game.

Not to say that there are not any problems with the game. The game needs to have more open world content and better seasonal events, more variety in end game and other things of that nature, but the devs seemed to be working on it. I for one believe that the game has a modestly bright future and I look forward to resubbing as a legendary member in october