Posted: Sep 21st 2011 8:06PM Khalus said

Its piqued my interest enough to at least log back in long enough to earn/purchase a personal chocobo.

And the beastman strongholds look excellent, but based on the enemies shown, they're probably geared at the higher lvl 35-50 players and my highest class is only 25 thus far.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return of entire beastman zones reminiscent of Ghelsba Outpost, Palborough Mines & Giddeus{FFXI} that were aimed at the lower level players starting around 8-10 and scaled up to 25-30ish before you reached the strongest mobs there. Then later on there were the beastmans' main bases that scaled all the way to lvl 80+ mobs that required alliances to take down....ah the memories!

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 1:19AM Mikx said

Did Square ever reinstate the subscription for this game?

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 2:11AM real65rcncom said

@Mikx

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 2:15AM Rhodanum said

@Mikx

No, it's still free-to-play so far. I've been logging on and off lately. Visually stunning game, but the mechanics usually make me want to chew through my keyboard.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 2:31AM madbassman39 said

@Rhodanum Well hopefully you don't act on it! Chewing through your keyboard can be a costly dental visit! Plus then you have to find a new keyboard, and I hate interviewing potential keyboard candidates.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 2:44AM Jade Effect said

Increasing inventory slots is counted as a major update?

Either I'm missing a joke, or I guess I must have a different definition of a major update then. Stuff that would have counted would be New Frontier for Dark Age of Camelot, or Goddess of Destruction for Lineage 2.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 4:49AM Azules said

@Jade Effect The point of the article isn't the inventory increase, never is that implied.

The major update is Chocobos, airships, new quests for the grand companies, and a bunch of other stuff (not all the details are in yet) the inventory thing is just a little addition at the end of his post.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 4:51AM Azules said

@Jade Effect oh, also. Ifrit fight. How'd I forget that? lol

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 3:29AM socialenemy2007 said

Ugh, when are they going to remove the restrictions on leve quests? Doing 8 quests every 48 hours (real time) is ridiculous.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 4:51AM Azules said

@socialenemy2007 err, soon, I think. this patch or the next one, I heard. they're redoing the leve system, scrapping the ridiculous cooldown on taking leves, and at some point, throwing out physical level entirely.

big stuff happenin'

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 11:10AM Masync9 said

@Azules

That is good news to hear. I enjoyed the graphics and the game world but hated the design and implementation.

I hope they continue to make bigger changes and revamp the game. I would not mind paying a subscription but they still have a long way to go before it can beat out the others MMO's I am playing currently : )

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 6:30AM (Unverified) said

They are greatly reducing the leve timer to 4 every 4 hours so you get 16 in a 24 hour period instead of 8 in a 36 hour period. If you happen to miss a reset, your leves will be put on hold and accumulate up to 99 leves which then can be done back to back.

Along with the previous stated airship,chocobo, Ifrit battle, beastmen settlements, grand company quests and inventory expansion.

we are also getting class static stats (no more re-allocating stats on job switch) stats in 1.19 will be auto assigned and will become custom assigned at a later patch

and t\a huge MATERIA CRAFTING SYSTEM! we'll be able to slot our gear with materia gems to further enhance our abilities.

patch 1.19 is a huge next step for this game. 1.20 and 1.21 are scheduled to be released by winter, which I think will be the major turning point for FFXIV, it'll introduce the job systems and the armory system revamp.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 6:40AM Azules said

@(Unverified) Really excited for the changes, feels like the game is finally starting to shake off the awful start and make something of itself. It's far from where it should be, but these are significant steps.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 11:34AM Cendres said

@(Unverified) Yes I am waiting for 1.19 to resume playing because right now I try to level and I find that I worry about how much my class will change come the patch.

Point allocation on one character in a multi class system was such a bad idea the way they did it. Which is too bad because I usually love open ended leveling, but you can't do it half way or it doesn't work.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 12:33PM Spookimitsu said

/continues to look at dusty PS3...

/more tumbleweeds