Posted: Sep 21st 2011 6:18PM Loopy said

Is this game any good now that it launched? Does it still have the infamous mouse lag that made it unplayable during beta?

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 6:55PM smg77 said

It's still horrible which is too bad. Eve Online desperately needs some competition.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 6:58PM Jimmy Chowda said

I just recently started playing this. I'm not sure what you mean by mouse lag so I guess it is fixed.

Personally, I've been enjoying it as a single player experience. You can see the general framework of the way most MMO's have you grind. However, since it is a spaceship sim, it's a heck of a lot more fun than running up to and clicking on mobs. The prologue storyline was deep and interesting, and accomplishing some of the mission objectives are fun and challenging in a GTA mission sort of way.

That being said, the population is sparse (at least on the NA server) which makes PvP tough. The game is designed for group battles and they seem to have some scripted clan battle missions which I haven't had the opportunity to participate in, mainly due to lack of pop. Hopefully, the new warzones will aid in meaningful PvP. The other open areas are also where you go for "kill X amount of X" missions, so the net result will likely be easy XP in those places.

The clan stations are a very cool idea, but the game lacks a simple clan info window if you aren't a member, or a way to apply to them in-game. That is something that perplexes me.

Altogether, I think Black Prophecy is at worst a fun, quick way to get my flying sim fix, but could be a lot better.

Oh, and it's free.