Posted: Sep 20th 2011 8:21AM MarvoDaMighty said

Yes, Regularly. We tend to do just random sillyness. We sometimes run around the Social maps playing Hide and seek, or in costume using emotes and generally causing a scene. Mostly when we run the Special Task Force missions or engage in PVP with random strangers.

Wee keep it as social as possible, in between content releases and Server crashes.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 9:09AM Valdur said

Definitely yes, but the "Me,Myself and I" attitude from both designers and players is slowly killing it for a lot.There are a few guilds which are still holding the flame(PvP and PvE) and try to be there for the fun and the community.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 10:50AM Pingles said

I hadn't in years until I played the game Zentia. That game gives Guilds an instance and has regular events in that instance where everyone can port in, participate, then go back to the game world. Such a great feature!

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 11:50AM Foghladha said

The key I find is to be consistent. If you set forth a repeating, or even progressing event, participation will continuously rise. Players want to feel like part of something bigger, the bigger you make it the more excited they will be to be there. The Gaiscioch doesn't recruit by traditional chat spam, we largely gain our members by throwing large community events and players who enjoy them are naturally drawn to us.

If I could suggest anything to a aspiring guild leader it would be, Create a few simple events targeted at different playstyles or level ranges. run them publicly and you'll find your recruitment is much easier and the players you gain are in line with the goals you wish to achieve. Most of all be persistent. Even events like Telara Saga started somewhere small and worked their way up. Shape your event to the demand of your public and give a good show.

Most importantly have fun. Without fun MMO's do not fulfill the base mission they were built for.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 12:02PM Haldurson said

I am currently on a break from MMOs, but when I'm in a guild, I generally participate in guild activities. When I no longer feel like a want to log on and participate, I know it may be time to take a break (as I'm doing now).

That said, repetitive end-game stuff (raids, dungeon grinding, daily quests, etc.) tends to wear me out, so I have to take it really easy on that stuff if I don't want to burn out (like I recently have). Even once a week (for me, at least) can be too often to repeat something.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 1:50PM pixledriven said

Of course. What's the point of being in a guild if you never play with your guildmates?

I also play a lot of PvP games. PvP, and especially FFA, almost requires a guild to do anything.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 3:17PM Scarecrowe said

Depends on the event.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 6:06PM drunkingamebar said

The only real partisipation? /sigh.. Participation.. I did do is when WoW added in guild achievements. I only missed out on a handful of instances for the guild achievement, but made all the raid achievements - tank is needed usually... Was fun, most of the other events we had in guild were flops.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 10:38PM Halfcentaur said

What game is the screenshot above from?

Posted: Oct 2nd 2011 2:58AM Lumin said

It... kind of depends. If I'm a guild officer (which tends to be the case if I'm ever in a casual guild for some reason) then I have to attend, mostly out of obligation.

Freed from mandatory attendance requirements, it's all down to whether I think the event is worth my time. Are there prizes (that I have a realistic chance of winning)? How long is the event? What does the event entail (running a dungeon/PvPing, or just chatting in town)?

I sometimes like not having the option to decide if I want to attend an event, but only when the events are mutually beneficial to both me and the other attendees (e.g. scheduled weekly raids) - I'm not a big fan of "party"/socializing events.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM