Posted: Sep 20th 2011 3:39PM (Unverified) said

I am pretty sure everyone is tired of all the info they are giving out that isn't the release date. And I am sure some people don't even want to hear that anymore. Even GW2 has a more substantial release date than TERA. If hype was food I feel like we would be at McDonald's and getting fat on it but still waiting for the actual meal. Bad analogy I know, but I am just sick of the slow but constant leak of info over the past 2 years or so. Either release the game or shut up.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:40PM djodars said

@(Unverified)

Stop watching MMO news website then...

You all obviously don't understand what they're trying to do with TERA for the western audience. Do you really think if it would only be translating it wouldn't be out by now? The game was a major flop in Korea due to the lack of end game content. They are polishing the gameplay and adding more content before releasing. These things takes time and if you're not happy about it, go cry somewhere else.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:44PM (Unverified) said

@djodars
Then they need to shut up, fix it, tell us exactly what they are doing instead of snippets on BAMs and then give a release date.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 3:40PM Vunak said

Tired of seeing info about this game. Its released in Tera.... The team over here in the Western market has tweaked it for long enough. If the game isn't in a finished state for this audience yet...I fear for how it will be when they launch and then have expansions and things of that nature to port. Aion but worse....

If anyone comes up with the whole they have to translate it argument... yeah no. Do some research, that is just a ploy Developers use to buy themselves more time with ignorant people.

Example:

FFXI updates both the JP client, the German client and the NA client all at the same time. Translating doesn't take as long as everyone thinks and its not as hard as Developers would like you to think.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 3:40PM Vunak said

@Vunak

WoW i said its released in Tera... Lawl I meant Korea

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 3:49PM (Unverified) said

@Vunak

I hear ya, the delay isn't about getting western changes right, they want to launch against GW2 and other 2012 games. Which in truth, is just plain stupid, if I'm going to buy a MMO I'm buying just one. That will clearly be GW2. Tera just doesn't have the rep with players, the only chance was to launch this year before the rush and earn players.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 7:58AM Fabius Bile said

@(Unverified)
far from a flop, but equally far from the expected success. to make a comparison, its the LotR of eastern MMOs (pre f2p conversion I mean).

it has a healthy population and makes decent revenue, its one of the top 5 MMOs in Korea still, but the expectatives of the developers/publishers aimed to be top 1...

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:32PM Valdur said

EME knows they have only one shot to make it right at launch and they are polishing the game,makes sure the lore fits the western audience and also makes sure that they game has end game.

Honestly, I don't know what you people are complaining about when a company is trying hard to better its future game.They will definitely launch against GW2 and TSW in 2012 and Wyatt & co know that and they want to launch a solid game.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 7:15PM truthlesshero said

@Valdur

I agree (and with djdoras). I first was also looking forward to TERA, then got sick of hearing of it, but now I see what they are doing. The game will be pretty much dead in a month if they don't add content so i'm willing to wait a bit longer for the release. I demoed it at PAX and it was a LOT of fun, so I'm definitely on the 'going to try' list.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 6:23PM Graill440 said