Posted: Sep 21st 2011 4:50PM real65rcncom said

@(Unverified) World of Warcraft had an ACTUAL birthday on it's birthday so your point is fail

Getting people to pay upfront for a year in advance and then calling them "veterans"? You've lost your mind, sir.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 7:59PM Valentina said

@real64rcncom

is trolling. He's a fabled mythical creature under a bridge, he doesn't exist.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 9:27PM KDolo said

shouldn't the game be it's own reward? Isn't that what we're paying for? Why do companies feel they need to give us things as a reward for doing something that's fun?

Maybe it's because it isn't fun.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 12:24AM Crovak said

You know what impresses the hell our of me about Trion? They are CONSUMER centered! They find a way to support the the end user, give them what they need to make their player experience fun and rewarding!

1. Free transfers! It is within their grasp to program the system to support their paid subscribers! No more waiting! No more exorbitant fees! Empower the player!

2. Massive update and new content agenda! You trust us to provide..WE DELIVER!

3. You have a concern? WE LISTEN and respond....as said before we DELIVER!

4. WE will survive no matter what is coming down the MMO pike! Want proof? Look at what we do! Not at what we say!

Folks this impresses the hell out of me! Good content, fluid mechanics, aggressive content delivery, fun environment, management that listens, management that KNOWS they are dependent upon their player base..and they what? DELIVER!!!!!

What more could any subscriber ask for? This by far to date is the MOST supportive and aggressive company I have ever entrusted my subscription dollars to EVER before! Ultima, Earth and Beyond, SWG, WOW, EVE...you name it! They have proved themselves to be the MOST trustworthy partner yet in all my years of playing MMO's! And to my chagrin those years are many /facepalm

Trion you ROCK! Keep up the good work, excellent effort, and commitment to the player base!

I hope the best for you and TRION and the Rift experience /bow

You have much to teach the industry...and I am here with you for my part /salute

My wife added that this is the FIRST game I have EVER praised unequivocally like this...and she should know *chuckles* after 38 years! OH MY! she has stuck with me that long! /humble

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 8:15AM (Unverified) said

@Crovak

Crovak, I'm going to guess you haven't slept for days and have been drinking your 12th cup of coffee;)

But having said that, I agree for the most part. There was a lot of complaining about the half-birthday rewards and behold, now veteran rewards. And right now there's complaining about how poor the veteran rewards are, so behold they are adding more things to the veteran vendor in the future.

This is definitely the most responsive mmo company if not any gaming company I've seen. I remember how long it took Blizzard to respond to WoW issues and they still didn't listen. eg. Resto Shaman chain heal bounce range and 10 man raiding issues.

My only problems with Rift so far is that they aren't focusing enough on the Rift content and the crafting is garbage and like WoW they tend to reskin the shit out of all their gear and mounts.

But, they come out with new content like every 6 weeks and they do seem to actually learn from customer feedback.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 9:05AM (Unverified) said

Rift is not a big budget MMO. Their stated costs are $50m, which is about average for a standa lone x-box/ps3 title, and on the low side for MMO development. Warhammer Online was $80-100m; launch wow was in similar territory.

Rift made some very tactical decisions around where they'd put their development effort. 1) developer and admin tools, to be able to churn out content easily after launch, 2) end game content and public quests/events. They have essentially 1 leveling path per faction, because there's only 3 races per side and 4 classes total... alting is not as popular in Rift. They reuse graphic skins (like any other mmo!) because graphics are expensive.

Its still my favorite MMO on the market. Its like WoW for adults, with a very player friendly attitude and a true commitment to the community. THe best bits of Warhammer Online, EQ, and WoW rolled into one MMO -- its so nice playing with the best UI and usability enhancements in the industry, all out of the base game... no add ons and all the adminstrivia they entail.