Posted: Sep 20th 2011 7:37PM ReijMan said

@(Unverified)
LoL

Great changes imho, more freedom to play the way you like for the RK!!
I love the concept of the heal/dps class, Turbine worked it out very well!
As for the hunter, I think most hunters are already using all stances.. those pesky traits are the problem, being able to 'save sets' and change them on the fly, that would be nice!

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 8:45PM Ehra said

@(Unverified)

I don't play a Hunter so I won't comment on them, but I REALLY fail to see how RKs were ruined. Five seconds of induction-less Fiery Ridicule spam that can now be a 3 target AoE? Red spec is going to be beastly in every aspect of the game. Yellow is still going to do what Yellow does best. Blue is meant to be on part with Minstrel healing, making RKs the only class in the game that can be both "primary damage" (Hunter, Champion, and RK) or "primary healer" (Minstrel and RK) based on spec.

The only real issue I see is their balancing of tactical damage scaling with legendary items.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 9:59PM Nerves said

Both of classes have changed for the better IMO. The hunter is actually going to require just a little bit of thought if the player doesn't want to be constantly waiting for focus points, and as for the DPS nerf, well, the only thing nerfed are the single 'zomgwtfbbq' devastates of heartseeker and EC. More overall DPS overall should be better, no?

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 1:21AM Liltawen said

I play both a Hunter and a Rune Keeper so I guess next week will be interesting in more than 1 way!

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 2:34AM pcgneurotic said

I play a Guardian and a Hunter, so if the Hunter pass is anything like the Guardian's, then it's all good in bow-and-arrow-land.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 10:10AM ScottishViking said

@(Unverified)

Err...how is this "ruining" them, per se?

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 10:39AM Ehra said

@ScottishViking

What's even more baffling is that, apparently, there are people voting the comment up. I'd love if SOMEONE who feels like these classes are being ruined would speak up.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 10:41AM Lenn said

Good changes for the hunter. I'd finally love to see what Precision stance does. I don't think I've ever used it once. :)

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 1:06PM Taeniel said

@Lenn It's chiefly used for the 'Focus Burn' playstyle -- build up as much focus as you can and then use Penetrating Shot, Merciful Shot, maybe Rain of Arrows if you don't mind the aggro. Basically, you aim for high damage crits instead of overall non-crit damage.

When you're in Precision, you generate a pip of Focus every 10s no matter what you're doing. Couple that with traits that lowers Focus cost and cool downs for Penetrating Shot, and you can slap that baby into your rotation every few seconds. It's a thing of beauty.

I haven't used Strength Stance in a year or two, until I was duoing with a much lower level Minstrel and I needed a little extra aggro to keep multiple mobs off the healer. Precision ftw.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 1:18PM Lenn said

@Taeniel Hehe. Yeah, I know what it does. It was just to illustrate I never used it before. I'm always in Strength (solo) and I never really lack focus. But now that stance dancing becomes viable, I'm eager to try it out. I loved stance dancing on my warrior in WoW.

PAX Prime 2014: Strife learns from the past