Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:39PM (Unverified) said

This game looks amazing, check out a few of the videoes, this game has the possiblity to the top dog. The only down side, it's in Korean Closed beta, US won't see this game for over two years.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:53PM drunkingamebar said

@(Unverified) Game looked amazing 5 years ago.. Mmm still looks amazing I guess, but I am definitely losing interest. If GW2 fails, then I would be more willing to try it, more than likely by the time it hits the states something else will blow it out of the water.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:54PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) Add another year or two to that for Europe, then.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:50PM paterah said

@drunkingamebar The game was announced 3 years ago.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 6:51PM drunkingamebar said

@paterah close enough, how much longer until it is released in the states again?

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 8:07PM paterah said

@drunkingamebar More than a year probably, about as much as it took for GW2 in total.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:55PM SFGamer69 said

I dont know much about the game play, but visually, this is a very impressive looking game. The flying around and movement freedom is really well done. the hyper sexual looking females..ehh..i like the artist, but in a game...a bit much i think, but hey, to each their own. gonna have to give this a try when it releases, if it's possible to play from America.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 9:12AM blackcat7k said

@SFGamer69

I agree. I always thought Mr. Kim went overboard went it came to hypersexualizing his males and females, but that's been his style for years.

I like how the combo system looks in execution, looks like it does a better job than similar games like Dungeon Fighter, Vindictus, and Dragon Nest.

All that remains is to see how NCSoft handles releasing it here. That could make or break how it's received.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:10PM Unshra said

So Blade & Soul explains the reason why you can't glide forever in Aion, the wings get in the way. Clip them off and you can glide all you want heck you can even reg your stamina while you're at it. ^^

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:12PM Dumac said

I liked the third video, the cut scenes and stuff. Not for the girls, but somehow it just feels lively and fresh to the genre. Hopefully there is a lot of that in the game. But is it weird that i think voice overs should be left in Korean and just be subtitled to English for a western release? I think a lot of the charm would be lost with English voice overs.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 7:46PM DevilSei said

@Dumac

Aye, lively cutscenes like this don't usually happen in an MMO. You'll get some basic action and all, but it won't be anything fancy like one would see in oh... Bayonetta or the DMC games. I definitely dig the eye action-candy though. The female models? Not so much...
And it ain't weird. It's like the Dub-or-Sub argument people will have. Some prefer the original voice work with just some subtitles (the Sub) while others prefer just hearing it because for one reason or another they don't like relying on subtitles or the like (Dub).

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:29PM Arkanaloth said

have to admit.. it looks solid and seems to play equally well.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:37PM Vorender said

definitely going to be MMORPG (mostly men online role playing girls).

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:57PM Saker said

OMFG the character creation made me laugh, absolutely GIANT breasts, super-mega-giggling all over the place! Too much! Just toooooo much!

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 6:03PM angryhoar said

@Saker jiggling

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 6:15PM Dumac said

@angryhoar
They were jiggling and he was giggling

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 9:56PM Utakata said

@Dumac

...though something was niggling me about it: Is that is for the character creator?

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 11:57PM Zyrusticae said

@Utakata

Nope, the devs have stated that the presets are just for the beta.

They plan on eclipsing Aion's character customization (fat chance of THAT, if you ask me, but I won't begrudge them for aiming high)!

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 1:09AM Utakata said

@Zyrusticae

Thanks for wiggling that information out for me. :)

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 5:57PM (Unverified) said

That second video smacked of avoiding details. Didn't like them standing in water, but that is a very small issue. The massive amount of clipping and the women looking like aliens really got on my nerves though. I understand it's the artists style, but I really don't like it. The clipping though was what was seriously getting on my nerves.

With all the detail to the game from the animations to clothing design, I understand you have to draw the limits somewhere, but I really do think that developers need to decide that clipping is an important issue. With hair flying all over and through everything, her right hand clipping through the bottom of her outfit and that bow. That massive arm clipping bow.

To me, clipping, especially massive clipping, can really break immersion for me. I think that might be one of the last things that developers finally think is important because style comes first. But seriously, it IS important and I am tired of seeing the flagrant lack of physics and design in games when it comes to that kind of detail. I guess I expect too much.