Posted: Sep 19th 2011 2:21PM mael said

this is scary, really scary i remember seeing this in FFXI and i actually lefted the game because i could not afford my next set of armor.

am glad not all mmo's are like this

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 2:40PM Raaqa said

This is why I can't go back. And you can get 100m/$10 from the gold sellers. What's the point in paying $400 to frogster for an endgame set when you can just get it for $20.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 3:26PM Yarg2011 said

@Raaqa That to me is the problem of too close cash-shop player gold interaction. Gold farming comes in and prices go way past the point where it is worth playing. The last example of this for me was Atlantica online, nice game with interesting play style and getting past level 100 cost billions. Sick.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 3:21PM nimzy said

This should be a lead-in to a massive, in-depth piece on MMO economics. The article is there, just begging to be written.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 5:04PM iowahawkeyedave said

@nimzy I agree with you. I'd like to see Massively do an in depth investigation on MMO Economics across all MMO's and compare.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 3:34PM Arkanaloth said

ugh.. Those numbers do remind me of FFXI too.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 4:45PM ChaosInc said

Just started RoM about a week ago on Artemis and holy crap is that market boned. 2-3mil for a white level 3 crafted item? 5-6 million for a level 6 green crafted? Screw that.

Did some server surfing and have rerolled on Reni (newest from what I gather) where the market isn't ludicrously out of hand yet (keyword: "yet"). I'm a bit of a market whore, but if I can't even buy lowbie gear off the AH without having to open the wallet that's just plain ridiculous and where I draw the line.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 6:18PM Thrasher said

This game is a MESS!!!! i recently returned after a year or so off (RL got in the way) I was there from beta to about 2 months after the cap hit 55. on Reni you could get 1 mil for like 5 bucks from the gold sellers when i left, the whisper i got last week said 130 mill for 10 LOL.
On top of this the TP was reset for chapter four and I have nowhere near the amount I had when i left, missing cash shop items, gear missing off my toon etc. thought maybe i was hacked but my diamonds and rubies were still there. very low population, almost nothing in the AH, no more diamond/gold trading in the AH the forum overrun w bug complaints different GM's but exact same responses to the issues, i cant even play anymore and I loved this game to death becuase of the gear customization, soo very sad it fell so far so fast :(......
one of the magor flaws that helped this issue get worse is the fact the endgamers are geared(whats left of them) and dont have dia's to sell no more and theres nothing to waste gold on so it builds up to insane amounts even back when i was regualr could pull a few mill in a day with some work .......................

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 9:10PM beqerel said

thats why i dont play f2p anymore

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 3:38PM Azzura said

This is happening to Dragon's Nest also - I have no clue how to afford anything on the AH. I just have to hope I find the items or just stick with really low level gear that will never be enhanced.

Posted: Sep 26th 2011 1:15AM aersixb9 said

Seems like people are always complaining about high prices on the auction hall. These are typically the same people who do not sell anything. Coincidence? If prices are high, consume less and produce/sell more to become rich, then buy and convert things that are cheap into more expensive things (been doin SR ammo in the crimecraft AH, but mostly the loot sells more as components than assembled , unless there's a big shortage and I tag another 100k sale. :)

Maybe it's ego, but I bet a lotta people who review games think they are 'too good' to win the hard way, and look for the easy way out and pay a ton of cash and wonder why paying $$$ isn't building skills, especially since they're hackin too instead of aiming due to not wanting to look like 'nubs' ;p and not mentioning how 'hack proof' games are,...wtf reviewers, you know those exist, are you using them and your reviews are based on bullshit versions and not bein in the right demographic (i mean how ya gonna review a hardcore serious gunsim if you mostly write bullshit articles, compared to someone who doesn't write much but can shoot and knows about tactics, same shit as the people who made it :) ) fucking hackers, they don't see what they 're missin, and lol the reviewers don't know aimbot from barrel alignment glitchin in 3d vision these days :(