Posted: Sep 19th 2011 1:19PM WonderPenguin said

Do these things actually work, in terms of users ever actually getting currency? I haven't tried them recently, but my experience with those services is that you spend a lot of time jumping through hoops and taking surveys, then the last step says "Great, you'll get your points when you spend x dollars on our product."

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 1:24PM hami83 said

@WonderPenguin I imagine they work for the companies. How effective they are for the consumer I would find it hard that a lot of people have a good experience with it.

Aside from actually spending money on things like Netflix, all the "free" ways to get virtual currency, as you said, it a massive amount of site jumping and loop holes which make peoples alarms go off and usually quit before they finish.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 1:41PM dudes said

Sliding.. sliding.. splattT!

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 7:34PM The Ogre said

"Said titles include APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth, but thus far GamersFirst has not released details on how the games will be affected."

I know one way they'll be affected: they won't be getting my money, ever.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 8:48PM Azaetos said

I'm playing the trial at the moment and was going to subscribe, but I guess I'll be putting that idea on the shelf for a while and see how this and their cash shop pans out.

Seems like GamersFirst is earning their player branding as MoneyFirst. Looking at what they have done with APB doesn't give me much confidence for the future of Fallen Earth.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 4:08AM nevin said

iirc they do something similar in SL. There, it's usually some sort of cabinet like the one shown in the image, you interact with it and it gives you some instructions...usually a link or some such.
You do the survey or whatever and get your pittance. I would expect it's there in the background if you want to do it but easily ignored if that's your preference.

Probably not worth getting bent out of shape over...especially at this stage.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 2:38PM rahulsandil said

@nevin @wonderpenguin

You will be surprised how effectively this actually works - especially with players in Europe or with younger players who may not have access to credit cards. These offers, if executed properly, do provide Free2Play players an opportunity to participate in game premiums.

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 11:25PM Dunkare said

its not "ingame currency", its g1 credits, which are used in the g1 marketplace, not ingame ;P